PDA

View Full Version : Just joined up...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

oakdryad
Sat, Oct-06-07, 15:43
I've been on LC on and off for a number of years. I do really well with it, and feel much better. But then I *forget* and start adding carbs -- and the WRONG carbs at that -- back into my eating plan, and I'm off to the races again. Gaining back more and more and eating emotionally and all that.

I tried Kimkins for a couple of months this year, but found that the advised calorie/fat counts on that program were just WAY too low to sustain for any appreciable time, particularly in any times of stress.

So I went back and re-read DANDR and Protein Power and started to transition back to a more sustainable LC type of eating. I'm feeling even better and still losing weight.

I will credit KK for bringing me back to a LC way of eating, and reminding me ONCE AGAIN, that this is the best method for me, and that when I cut out grains and gluten and processed foods my body is happiest and healthier.

JAnn
Sat, Oct-06-07, 16:09
Welcome to the forum. :wave: Both Atkins and PP are good plans and there is a lot of help here.

Kisal
Sat, Oct-06-07, 17:17
Welcome! I like your username! :D

I follow a combination of Atkins and PP, too. I think they are both excellent plans. :agree:

oakdryad
Sat, Oct-06-07, 18:12
Thank you for the welcome! I like both plans...and I've also been reading Barry Groves as well, and I find his ideas and experience interesting. :lol: :read:

I'm not sure exactly where I'll end up on the low carb spectrum, but I know from experience that I do much better when I keep track of total carbs and stick more closely to non-starchy veggies.

It's a really interesting ride. :sunny:

kshelia
Sat, Oct-06-07, 18:34
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z272/kshelia/z3054545.gif

BluePants
Sat, Oct-06-07, 18:34
Welcome, glad you joined. I know Atkins works, the trick for me is staying on it. Welcome again.

IrishShrty
Sun, Oct-07-07, 08:03
Hi, welcome to a really great forum!
Good luck on your journey!