PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time but never have threaded before.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

puffalumpe
Fri, Oct-05-07, 15:17
Hi everyone,
It has been so different to hear other perspectives. I have never been a part of a forum before. This is my third and final time on a low carb diet. I now realize that it truly is the way my body is supposed to function. This is my 5th day and have triple the energy that I haven't had in about a year and a half. I did try the low carb for about 4 weeks this past spring with no weight loss. I felt discouraged and quit. I am a bit worried it won't work again. I have had 2 other times in the last 7 years with much success. Will it just take longer this time or am I doomed to be a frumpie mother of 3? Anyone understand my fears? I am usually very optomistic. Thanks for any advice anyone has. I am so very happy to have found this group of low carbers! :D

Kisal
Fri, Oct-05-07, 17:02
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to have you here! :)

It might take a little longer for you to lose the weight this time, but not necessarily. Just follow your book carefully, and you will do fine. Remember: It's not a race, it's a journey! :)

Start a journal! It's a great way to meet other members and make friends! :wave:

Mikey1970
Fri, Oct-05-07, 17:14
Hi there. This is my 3rd time around on Atkins as well. You have the right mind set. This is a way of life, not a diet. Stay true to your book and stay strong!

Raine'sMom
Fri, Oct-05-07, 17:39
Don't give up! I did that one time... started the plan, it didn't work immediately and I gave up. BIG MISTAKE! This time I stuck with it and now I have lost 37.5 pounds since June 25th. It DOES work and WILL work if you stick with it. The pounds didn't come on overnight and they won't leave overnight either. It just took a little longer for my body to start burning that fat. I haven't felt this good in a long time. This time it's not a diet ....it's a way of life.

Use this forum for support and learning. There are some AMAZING people here. Check out the recipes. There is even a section on induction. Come here daily .... it really helps. Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for support. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Best wishes to you! See you around the forum!

GlendaRC
Fri, Oct-05-07, 18:21
Yes, what Raine'sMom said! It's not going to be instant, but it almost surely will come. In the meantime, if you feel better and more energetic eating like this, well .... seems to be that makes it a "no brainer" and the weight loss is an added plus!!

Welcome, and ask about anything you don't understand - you'll get lots of responses.

puffalumpe
Fri, Oct-05-07, 21:04
Thanks so much for the encouragement. You are all right. There is much to learn and this seems to be a great forum with tons of information for success.

amberview
Fri, Oct-05-07, 21:27
Thanks so much for the encouragement. You are all right. There is much to learn and this seems to be a great forum with tons of information for success.

this forum will help. I would have been lost without the great advice on the forum. Sometimes it's difficult even with a forum because you will get contradictory advice sometimes. It's not a bad thing, but can get confusing. My suggestion is to look to that person's length of time on LC and there success rate. Not necessarily that they have been on low carb for years, but maybe that they were able to tweak their eating to the point of being successful quickly.

When I first joined the forum. I looked for people that had started at my "start" weight and had lost down to my goal weight. Then I studied their journals and looked closely at their advice.

I hope that helps.

qutpie
Sat, Oct-06-07, 11:47
Hi Mother of 3! I'm a mother of 2, lol. It's my billionth time and here i am again also and a few pounds heavier. I just wanted to let u know that there are ppl out here in the same boat and u and this time, we're going to do it. With each other's help, we will succeed!

BluePants
Sat, Oct-06-07, 18:45
Hi, welcome! Glad you joined.