PDA

View Full Version : A new member from Switzerland

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Krissych
Fri, Oct-05-07, 01:27
http://kjmedia.wordpress.com/files/2007/10/lowen-statue-luzern-for-intro.JPG

Hi everyone, I am very happy to have found you all, I had just reached the point of "I can't do this on my own!" and there you were.

I have attached the first entry of the blog I started this week to record my journey and would love it if you could drop by from time to time to encourage and support me. In turn if I can be there for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Warmly,

Krissy

BTW; I work online, but you are the first people in two years, outside my village to see what I really look like. :cry:

My name is Krissy Jackson I am a 41 year old female living in the glorious countryside in Switzerland. I have my own business which I manage via the internet and from the outside you would think my life could not be better.

I have been suffering from the following symptoms for what feels like the longest time:

. acne

· abdominal gas

· extreme allergies (attacks more than weekly)

· bloating

· blurred vision

· Constant tiredness and exhaustion

· diarrhea

· dizziness

· Frequent stomach pains and digestion problems

· headaches

· Intense cravings for sugars, sweets, and breads

· inability to think clearly

· insomnia

· mood swings

· multiple chemical sensitivities

· lead feet (feeling of deadness from mid calf down)

· no sex drive

· persistent cough

· PMS

· poor memory

· rectal itching

· sever irritability

· sinus inflammation

· Skin problems (skin infections, acne)

· Swelling

· Tingling in fingers

· Joint swelling and pain in hands and feet

· What felt like uncontrollable weight gain (going from 65 kilos to 99 kilos in three years)

Did I go to the doctor? Of course, many times!

Did I feel like a hypochondriac? You betcha!

But I thought it was probably just the consequence of sitting at my computer all day every day.

After all, three years ago I was slim, incredibly fit and running 8km a day. But since starting my own coaching business I had been steadily putting on weight and getting sicker all the time. I'd been feeling like a fraud; helping my clients get their lives together, while all the while it felt like mine was going down the toilet.

Did I like myself? Not a lot!

It was surreal, on the one hand I was doing something I loved and was genuinely happy; and on the other I felt like my life was spinning out of control.

About two months ago I contracted ringworm from a bicycle seat at the gym. (Yes Ugh!) At first I thought it was a bruise, but when it didn’t heal I visited the doctor. He confirmed my suspicions and gave me some cream. After a month not only was it still there I now had 5 more. Worried, I returned to the doctor and he gave me a different cream. Another month passed and still the rings persisted, if anything they were worse.

This was the point that broke the camel’s back; I started to fear that the rings would spread onto my face. They disgusted me and I wanted them gone. Imagine my surprise when researching other remedies on the internet, I found that ringworm was a symptom of Candida and that all my other symptoms (above) were listed too!

This is the diary (http://candida-attack.typepad.com/candida_attack/mystory.html)of what I did next.

Stardust
Fri, Oct-05-07, 01:37
Hi and welcome,

You've come to the right place for wonderful support and knowledgeable people.

Also you may want to look up Swissmom. She's delightful and hails from Switzerland also.

Best of luck to you,

mylle
Fri, Oct-05-07, 03:59
hi krissy and welcome to the forum.:wave:
i can not encourage you enough to start a journal.... it really is a great tool for communicating with people in here and getting support.. make one and people will stop by and support you.. its incredible how much it means to have that kind of support...
best of luck to you..
mylle

Krissych
Fri, Oct-05-07, 05:56
Thanks for the welcome guys and for the recommendation to journal. I am journaling but will keep it on my blog. I would like to think that my experience and research might help others who might not have found sites like this.

That or I am just an introverted exhibitionist. :blush:

Warmly,

Krissy

Bat Spit
Fri, Oct-05-07, 13:06
Welcome Krissy!

I miss Switzerland! I have a picture of myself sitting in that exact same bench.

From the list of symptoms you have, I think low carb is the way to go, but I suspect you have either a candida problem, a gluten/grain intolerance, or both. There is a lot of information on those things both here on the forums and around the net.

Good luck.

Krissych
Fri, Oct-05-07, 15:03
Thanks Batspit, :)

I agree, in fact I believe I have a gluten grain problem stemming from the candida problem.

How nice that you can relate to my location. For those of you not familiar to the sites of Luzern in Switzerland. the Lion is really a surprising feature, in that it is to be found in a quiet corner right in the heart of the city.

Kisal
Fri, Oct-05-07, 16:56
Welcome! How nice to meet you! :wave:

BluePants
Sat, Oct-06-07, 18:51
Oh, did you come to the right place. Make sure you start a food journal at least as those problem symptoms will most likely go away and as you add foods back, something might show up.

kshelia
Sat, Oct-06-07, 19:04
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z272/kshelia/z3054545.gif

oakdryad
Sat, Oct-06-07, 20:04
Hi Krissy! Welcome!

I lived in Switzerland for a year when I was in my 20s...I was an au pair, and lived in Zurich and then Kaiserstuhl. That was a LONG time ago now (about 20 years ago), but it was a gorgeous country and I had a blast living there! But I was first in Luzern in the 70s when I was 14, and my family took a picture at that very lion. ;)

You'll probably find that as you transition to LC style eating that many, if not most or even all, of your physical symptoms will lessen or disappear. :) I know that many of my aches and pains diminish significantly once I cut out the high carb stuff -- especially sugar and white starchy foods.

Enjoy your journey!