PDA

View Full Version : Also a Newbie :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Amanda~Lee
Wed, Oct-03-07, 09:54
Hi everyone! I am new to dieting. My actual first diet ever was this past July when I tried the Kimkins diet (yeah I know :( ). Although both my husband and I lost weight on that diet, but we decided to find a more healthy plan after all that happened with Kimmer.

My hubby has been a yo-yo dieter his whole life -he has tried every pill, bar, and shake, and frozen meal out there- and cannot seem to keep the weight off, and I don't want to be like him, So for the past month I have been reading as many books as I can find on low carb diets. I am curently working through one of the Atkins books. I am excited to be part of the group and look forward to getting to know everyone! :D

Amanda~Lee

lcgrrl2006
Wed, Oct-03-07, 09:59
Hi Amanda Lee! Good to see you here! Denise

mameyann
Wed, Oct-03-07, 12:25
Welcome Amanda Lee! If you follow the Atkins WOE according to the book, you and your husband will love it! My husband and I have been doing this since April and have seen some great results!
Good Luck on your journey!

Kisal
Wed, Oct-03-07, 18:40
Welcome, Amanda Lee! How nice to have you join us here! :wave:

I applaud you for taking the time to read about the lc wol, before deciding to commit to it. Folks seem to fare so much better when they have a good understanding of how and why lc works the way it does. :thup: :thup: