PDA

View Full Version : Induction hangover

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

clarabel
Wed, Oct-03-07, 08:10
Hi — four days in and woke up this morning 15 minutes before I was due to start work, feeling like my limbs were made of lead, with a banging headache and fuzzy brain.

Spent the next three hours wondering if it was the homemade no-carb pate I'd got from the farmers market — then it clicked. It's the switch to low carb eating ... hoping it'll have moved on by tomorrow and by Friday at the latest I'll feel like a spring chicken.

Thinking of starting a journal.

Clarabel

lisacna
Wed, Oct-03-07, 08:37
some would describe it as induction flu. It will pass but if it doesnt and you still feel bad up carbs by 5 and see if that helps

Kisal
Wed, Oct-03-07, 18:28
It's okay to take your favorite over-the-counter painkiller for the headaches. You shouldn't need it for more than a few days, and for that short of a time, it won't hurt your weight loss.

Feel better soon! :wave:

LOL79
Thu, Oct-04-07, 02:03
Hope you're feeling better soon. :( Are you getting enough water, or have you recently dropped caffeine?

clarabel
Thu, Oct-04-07, 05:19
Thanks everyone. Slightly better today, thank goodness, although again I slept far too long — 9 hours. Usually 7 does fine and I wake up naturally.

Lol79, I haven't recently given up caffeine — gave coffee up years ago. But I was having one cup of tea per day, so maybe that's it. The main things I've given up are sugar in the form of chocolate bars, oatmeal and greek yogurt (an addiction that needed a daily fix, sometimes two)

2-3 litres of water a day. Will try to get nearer 3.

Thanks for your help and encouragement. Started a journal yesterday and looking forward to having a real good moan to myself in there!