PDA

View Full Version : Just about finished with induction phase

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kimmlind
Tue, Oct-02-07, 17:35
Hi. My name is Kim and tomorrow will be the end of my second week of induction. I have lost 7 pounds, but have some questions. I have been checking for ketosis and have only had the stick turn pink once or twice. I have been totally ridgid with this diet. All meats, lots of water, 2 cups of greens per day with olive oil and vinegar. I haven't cheated at all. No sugar, flour, or caffeine!! I was sort of hoping to lose a little more than 7 pounds. I have exercised some, but not nearly as hard as usual because I have also felt tired a lot. I think I am doing everything right. Maybe my expectations were just too high??? Any advice??? :help:

IrishShrty
Tue, Oct-02-07, 18:13
I'd like mine off tomorrow too:)
I think you did fantastic! But remember the less you have to lose the longer it takes sometimes.
I think it's more about changing your life and styles of eating...work with it...enjoy the journey.

Kisal
Tue, Oct-02-07, 19:58
Welcome, Kim! It's nice to meet you! :)

A seven pound loss in two weeks, for a woman of your weight, is excellent! You have already lost about 1/5 of your excess weight, and you deserve congratulations! :cheer: :cheer:

You may experience a short plateau for the next few weeks. Don't let it discourage you! This is the time to pay close attention to how your clothing fits, because many people continue to lose inches, even though the number on the scale stays the same. Inches count, too, you know! :thup:

You're doing very well! I wish you the best of luck! :wave:

Kimmlind
Wed, Oct-03-07, 04:34
OK, I will just have to be more patient I suppose. So should I just continue with the induction phase for another week or so or start phase 2?? I am sort of sick of bacon and eggs for breakfast! Lol! No sugar jello is ok right?? I read somewhere on her that sometimes consuming splenda in diet drinks will slow weight loss. Is this true???

WH1968
Wed, Oct-03-07, 06:19
Howdy Kim... I totally agree with Kisal... you are expected to lose 10 percent of your weight during induction... you way surpassed that.... so be happy....

Keep up the great work....

T-man

MicheleK
Wed, Oct-03-07, 06:46
Grats on your success, keep it up! You will lose the weight :)

Kimmlind
Thu, Oct-04-07, 05:49
Thanks. I Appreciate the comments.