PDA

View Full Version : Newb.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

eviilboy
Wed, Sep-26-07, 13:11
Hi guys and gals.

My name is Stevenb and I'm a low carber.

I work as a Sysadmin for a Credit Card processing company so my lifestyle has been very sedentary for a long time. About 5 years ago I did atkins with great success. I dropped from about 440lbs to 280lbs in the course of a year. All while consuming TONS of calories.. I ate literally all day, and still was losing weight at about a pound a day.

I got with my girlfriend(whom I'm still with), and combined that with a stall that lasted for about 6 months.. lost my control and started back up on the carb bandwagon. It hasn't been until just recently I'm tired of being overweight, and want to accomplish my goal weight of 240lbs.... so I started again, except this time I'm pairing it with exercise.

My primary goal is to get down to 240lbs, my alternate goal is to rebuild the muscle mass that I've lost over the course of the years being a computer nerd sitting in front of a couple LCD screens all day. :) (I played football all four years of HS, and lifted regularly... giving me some nice bulk)

I stumbled on this site looking for information about having sugars or a catalyst for glycogen after my weight lifting exercises, after reading a few threads in the workout section.. I'm still confused, but I'll be asking questions there. :)

Anyway, that's my humble introduction... and if anyone needs a workout partner in Gilbert Az, at the Bally's total fitness on Gilbert and Guadalupe... message me. :wave:

sissym2004
Wed, Sep-26-07, 13:18
Welcome Stevenb,nice to have you on this board. There is a lot of support here. I wish you much success toward your journey to reach your goals...................Sissy

Trisha5813
Wed, Sep-26-07, 14:02
Hey stevenb, glad you could join us all on our low-carb journey...it's a funy ride! Excellent place to come for all the support and advice you could ever need.
Trisha :hugz:

IrishShrty
Wed, Sep-26-07, 15:30
Hi Steven, good luck on your Journey! Jump in a challenge*note one in my siggy:) Good luck on your Journey!

Kisal
Wed, Sep-26-07, 16:49
Welcome to the forums, Steven! It's good to have you aboard! :wave:

WH1968
Thu, Sep-27-07, 08:46
Welcome Steven.. glad you are here....

These forums will give you the support you need to create your success.

T-man

Goolu
Fri, Sep-28-07, 08:12
Welcome!! ;)