PDA

View Full Version : Hey Y'all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

losenow
Thu, Sep-20-07, 18:38
Again, I am trying low carb. I am hoping, praying I can do this the second time. It's a mind thing, I know. So I just have to concentrate and do it, right?

So glad to be here to get recipes and most of all, support from everyone!

Oh, and I will be 48 in February... can I do this... oh yes, I hope!

Tammy

Kayliz
Thu, Sep-20-07, 18:43
Read the success stories when you're having a weak moment.
Of course you can do this, and you've come to the right place.
Welcome!!

molmerlin
Thu, Sep-20-07, 18:51
welcome

of course you can do this. and yes, it is a mind thing. You may very well start and stop multiple times. My biggest piece of advice is this: that first two or three weeks, DO NOT let yourself get hungry. Seriously. That will be a sure way to get discouraged You MUST believe this will work. I have lost 55 pounds since March. I eat tons. I really do. Forget everything you have ever heard about low fat.
Put your meals in your journal each day, people will stop by and give you advice. I promise. Get some LC food in your kitchen. Make sure you have plenty to snack on, plenty to eat RIGHT NOW. What worked for me: pre sliced pepperoni, cheese, slim jims, sf jello cups, deli ham and roast beef, tuna, rotisserie chicken, Eggs are your friend.

What did you eat today?

Kisal
Thu, Sep-20-07, 21:06
Welcome! It's nice to meet you! You can succeed at this. :agree: :)

losenow
Fri, Sep-21-07, 16:56
What did you eat today?

Hi molmerlin!! I haven't started yet; starting Monday morning.

I love pre-sliced pepperoni heated in the microwave, and eaten with some string cheese. I love bacon; not fond of scrambled eggs unless they're made with half & half - is that a no-no? Don't mind hard-boiled eggs, but do not like the yolk. My hubby makes awesome home-made jerky with london broils and Allegro marinade! It is out of this world! I also think SF jello tastes as good as the sugared jello... and that's good too.

queenleen
Fri, Sep-21-07, 17:34
I recently started again myself (3 weeks back) and already feel so much better, I think I've always in the very back of my mind not wanted to accept the fact this is a life-long commitment - This time I'm trying to remind myself how great I feel and not obsessed with food all the time... Reading the success stories like someone suggested I think is huge, I've been reading some every day - A reminder that plenty of people have made this thing work in the long-term, very inspirational.... Good luck and Happy 48th

WH1968
Mon, Sep-24-07, 11:30
No need to hope and pray.. you can do it if you apply yourself... You've already taken a huge step by coming here for support so pat yourself on the back.

Keep up the great work.

T-man

losenow
Sat, Oct-06-07, 08:07
Well, I didn't start low carb, but am today; a few things happened (yes, no excuses!)... today's the day!

Breakfast will be ham and cheese omelette and country ham, water to drink

I have some sausage patties cooked up and put in baggies of 3 and frozen (thanks to hubby); cheese sticks, pepperoni slices.

I have bunches of induction recipes, and will use a bunch of them.

I'll be back later!!