PDA

View Full Version : Starting over once again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Smullen34
Sun, Sep-16-07, 18:52
I was on the lowcarb about a year ago and did very well. I went from 226 to 164. Still not at my goal weight but was happy I was getting down. Unfortunatly I fell back into my old habits. As for me I could care less about the breads,potatoes and pasta. I love sweets!!!! Well as you can see I've regained the weight and would really like to get rid of it for good. So here I am hoping for the encouragement from other success stories and support to loose the extra weight for good.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wWBBaNn/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWBBaNn/)

Gypsybyrd
Sun, Sep-16-07, 19:47
Hi Smullen! Welcome aboard!! You'll find a lot of encouragement, ideas, and support around this place. It's awesome!

Good luck!

Blondie888
Sun, Sep-16-07, 21:35
Hello and Welcome! :wave:

Support can make all the difference in how successful you'll be, so I'm glad you've made it here.

I would wait until after induction, but there are a lot of great recipes for sweets that are LC.

Hope to see you around!

Kisal
Sun, Sep-16-07, 21:55
Welcome to you, Smullen! It's nice to meet you! :wave:

Smullen34
Mon, Sep-17-07, 07:35
Thank you. I know I loved this site before and it was extremely helpful. I guess I got a little confident and came here less and less. I don't know if anyone else experienced this but I noticed I was doing rather well at that time and I was trying to do it smart and went to the doctors had all the cholestrol, sugar, thyroid all those test done. At the time my doctor seemed really unpleased that I was choosing lowcarb as my path and recommended for me to add certain foods in and they were lowcarb but for some reason I had stopped loosing weight and it discouraged me so I think that was when I allowed myself to fall off sort of speak. I recognise the bad behaviors I have but I need to stop making excuses as to why I can have certain foods. The one biggest thing I loved about this WOL is not only the weight loss but I also have fibromyalgia and noticed that I feel so much better. Does anybody know why is that?

Goolu
Mon, Sep-17-07, 07:38
I was on the lowcarb about a year ago and did very well. I went from 226 to 164. Still not at my goal weight but was happy I was getting down. Unfortunatly I fell back into my old habits. As for me I could care less about the breads,potatoes and pasta. I love sweets!!!! Well as you can see I've regained the weight and would really like to get rid of it for good. So here I am hoping for the encouragement from other success stories and support to loose the extra weight for good.

[/url]

hi!
I have to tell myself OVER and OVER; its a lifestyle, its a lifestyle!
I have started many times and went back to my bad habits. Hopefully this time it will stick! ;) I am on Induction day 2.

Good luck to you!

WH1968
Tue, Sep-18-07, 06:39
Welcome back....

Congrats on knowing what you need to do and doing it....

You will create your sucess here if you plug yourself into the insight and support that fill this forum.

T-man

fedup2here
Tue, Sep-18-07, 06:45
Hi, I'm only about 2 weeks in, but I can tell you I've received some negative feedback from the medical field, too. Really puzzles me because they gripe about my weight, but when I begin to lose they gripe, too. I guess if I lose weight they lose income and the pharmaceutical company, too.

Wish you the best.

Smullen34
Tue, Sep-18-07, 17:36
Well, as for today only my 3rd day of induction was not very good. I've been fighting some sickness for about a week and today was the worst so I broke down and made myself some home made spanish style chicken soup with the rice, potatoe and corn. I had one big bowl of it. I plan on eating very low carb for dinner. Tomorrow I will do better. I have to!
As for my doctor she never gave me a definate answer as to why except that I BETTER not be doing no carbs. Which I told her NO I was doing the 20 for induction and then would gradually increase. She also seen my test levels came back even better than the ones before and it wasn't affecting me in any harmful way. So I do take some of her advice in trying to eat more white meats than red. My family has history of high cholestrol and diabetes. Even more reason for me to get my act together.