PDA

View Full Version : So excited to join you!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kayliz
Sat, Sep-15-07, 14:29
I have been very successful with the Atkins program in the past. I'm back for another round and am really excited to start the program again. I should have never fallen off the wagon! A divorce, a really bad car accident, & surgery triggered the demise of all my hard work. I was also in the hospital 10 days with pneumonia in August. All of this happened within the last 6 months. I am still in a plaster cast, but get a walking cast finally on Tuesday & I am SOOOO happy for that! I had a compound fracture of my fibia/ tibula as result of the accident and have plates and screws for life now. I'm thankful I'm alive and have a long road of recovery ahead of me, but I know how good I felt with my level of success with Atkins.
I just turned 30 in August, and feel like I have a new lease on life, and am basically starting over. Nothing is better than feeling good about yourself and following Atkins in the past provided that for me. I'm so excited to join this community. I have done this before and I will do it again.
I will post my stats on Tues. after my doc's appt. I can't get an accurate weight w/ this cast and w/ the walking cast I'll be able to bear weight on my leg long enough to get my weight.
On Atkins before at 5'3" I went from 160 lbs. to 118 lbs. in 3 months. I'm guessing I'm about 150 lbs now. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Kisal
Sat, Sep-15-07, 17:00
Welcome, Kayliz! It's nice to meet you and have you here with us! :wave:

Gypsybyrd
Sat, Sep-15-07, 20:54
Welcome Kayliz! Kudos to you for getting back on Atkins as soon as you could. Sorry to hear about the past 6 months. Everything all at once huh? Glad to see you moving forward! Good luck!

Kayliz
Sun, Sep-16-07, 15:18
Thank you for the kind words of support!

LowCrbBarb
Sun, Sep-16-07, 17:06
Welcome. May today be the start of great things to come (you deserve it).

kshelia
Sun, Sep-16-07, 17:10
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z272/kshelia/multi-welcome.gif

This forum will definitely make losing the weight easier!

Kayliz
Tue, Sep-18-07, 16:25
I just wanted to share my good news! I got my plaster cast off and now have an air cast which is so much more comfortable. I've also been given the ok to use a stationary bike. I just feel like it's my lucky day. I'm back on track with Atkins and get to start building my legs back up. The things I've taken for granted for so long mean the world to me now.

IrishShrty
Tue, Sep-18-07, 16:37
Congrats on the air cast! Good luck on this journey!

WH1968
Thu, Sep-20-07, 09:42
WElcome.... glad you made it here to a very supportive community.

T-man

LOL79
Thu, Sep-20-07, 12:01
That does sound like a stressful 6 months. Glad to hear things are so much better now. Good luck!