PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!!! I am new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Fabi3
Thu, Sep-13-07, 13:09
Hi I am new here, I have been on Atkinks for maybe two weeks, but before that I cut off some carbs of my diet, I have lost 7 pounds and I love it I never felt this way in a diet before and I feel for the first time that I can do it.

However, I have bought the ketosticks and they make me a little nervous, because they never turn not even pink. Is something wrong with me? I am following the diet as it is...Does somebody have the same experience?

XXF :wave:

snicker
Thu, Sep-13-07, 13:19
I lost almost 50 lbs in about four month about two years ago and never even knew what a ketostick was. Don't worry the diet will work if you follow the plan. Instead of buying the ketosticks, I had rather use the money to buy me a steak for my grill.

WasabiRose
Thu, Sep-13-07, 13:31
Hi and Welcome!!

Don't put too much stock in the sticks. There are plenty of reasons for them not to turn. Drinking your water dilutes the ketones and can cause them to not turn. A bad batch of sticks. Just go by how your colthes feel. If your drawers are slippin' off it doesn't matter what color the sticks are! :)

Fabi3
Thu, Sep-13-07, 14:19
Thank you guys!! happy to be here....

WH1968
Fri, Sep-14-07, 09:43
Welcome Fabi...

There's so many factors that could be affecting the Ketostics.. but I would recommend posting a menu and perhaps we can see if there's any hidden things that many be affecting your ketosis...

T-man