PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad I found this site

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

veggietale
Tue, Sep-11-07, 11:38
I am a little nervous about sharing my story. I am 32 I have four kids and I homeschool them all. I have about 45 lbs I would like to loose. I have lost weight before on LC plans. But I wasn't done having kids and so I just kept gaining. I have Poly cystic ovarian syndrom and this diet plan work wonders with that disease. My mom died of breast cancer when I was 23 and my mother in law just died about four months ago. I don't want to die young, I want to be healthy, trim and have lots of energy. I know that I can do it. Reading other sucess stories is totally inspiring!

liddie01
Tue, Sep-11-07, 12:21
Welcome Veggietale! Glad to have you join us! :wave:

FtballMom
Tue, Sep-11-07, 12:44
Hi and welcome! You are not alone in low carbing more than once! (Myself included)

I found it helpful to start a journal where you can keep track of your food and results. It's also a great place to meet some "friends" that will encourage you and keep you on track.

Your goals are the right ones, so I'm sure you will be successful!

CValentine
Tue, Sep-11-07, 12:49
Welcome Veggietale!!
I too am a homeschooling(H/S) Mom...
I have 5 childen: 1 - graduated H/S, 2 - 3rd & 6th grade, & 2 - 4yo & 17mo.
Glad to meet you here! The people are great & supportive!
Start a journal & share your food plans & exercise or whatever you want...
Glad to meet a fellow H/S & Atkins LC'er!!
~Cheryl Ann

veggietale
Tue, Sep-11-07, 13:06
What journal are you talking about? Is it something that people can see or is it something that only you can see? Also, I love herbal teas with some splenda in them, does that increase cravings for carbs? Do sweet things with low carb count, increase cravings? What about excercise, is it necesarry? Does it help with loosing weight faster? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to do this right this time. Also, it is nice to hear from another homeschooler. I have one in third, one in second, and one in kindergarten, and a two year old. Busy busy!!

WasabiRose
Tue, Sep-11-07, 13:18
Hi and Welcome!

CValentine
Tue, Sep-11-07, 13:35
VeggieTale...

Exercise is a good thing... I do about 20 min a day, some people do more. Just a walk with the kids or a trip to the playground & running around with them does help! I do a little weight lifting with dumb-bells when the kids go to bed about 2x a week also. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you will see inches coming off your body, but no drop on the scale. Write down your body measurements & e-check them one a week.

I like herbal teas, & when you use the Splenda just make sure you count your 1 carb per packet. Sweet things amost always throw me into cravings... I keep my sweet things limited to:

un-sweetened coconut
natural almond butter
Crystal Light Lemonade

It depends on what level of Atkins you are on before you add nuts & such back in. (Induction, OWL Rungs, Etc.)

To make a journal, you go to the top of the page & click on 'Quick Links' & scroll down to my journal. If this doesn't work, goto the top of the page & click on Active Low-carber Forum. When the main forum screen comes up, go down the page & click on Journals/Bootcamp. When you are in that forum, click on New Thread. I believe you can make it public or private. Give it a catchy name & people will stop by to write to you & check in on your progress. Hope I helped you out! ~Cheryl Ann

WH1968
Wed, Sep-12-07, 08:50
WElcome... glad you are here.....

T-man

Kisal
Wed, Sep-12-07, 14:03
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard! :wave:

CValentine
Fri, Sep-21-07, 11:46
Just stopping by to say 'Hi!'
~Cheryl Ann

CValentine
Mon, Sep-24-07, 07:54
Have a great H/S & LC week VeggieTale & Family!
~Cheryl Ann