PDA

View Full Version : Struggling

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lavonia
Fri, Sep-07-07, 08:50
Hi, I started low carbing on 9-4-07 and I am having a hard time resisting carbs. Although I have not slipped I am tempted on a regular basis. I have tried to snack on buffalo wings, and bacon and deviled. But there is no sugar in it. I must say that I can tell a difference in the way my body feels as far as being bloated and all of that, but I just need to get through this transition!

katwoman
Fri, Sep-07-07, 09:07
Hang in there lavonia--once you get through the withdrawals (physical and emotional) the cravings will go away.

leaddog66
Fri, Sep-07-07, 09:43
Keep the faith! It takes a little time to get used to it, but it will come. You gotta give it a chance.

Kisal
Fri, Sep-07-07, 14:38
Welcome! Hang in there and the cravings will eventually go away. It can be really tough in the beginning, but it will happen for you.

ruthla
Fri, Sep-07-07, 14:42
Your body is still adapting to the new way of eating. Just hang in there- the cravings should go away soon.

lavonia
Tue, Sep-11-07, 08:37
Thank you to everyone for the support. Can anyone give me some ideas on some other things to eat. My fiance is suppose to be doing this with me, but he keeps cheating. I have held out thus far, but am running out of food ideas. Please help!

lavonia
Tue, Sep-11-07, 08:37
Thank you to everyone for the support. Can anyone give me some ideas on some other things to eat. My fiance is suppose to be doing this with me, but he keeps cheating. I have held out thus far, but am running out of food ideas. Please help!

WH1968
Wed, Sep-12-07, 08:54
Gosh.. there's all kinds of things to eat..

1st.. have you read the book? there's a list of acceptable foods on induction in the book....

You just have to learn to be creative when cooking...

You can make revolution rolls (in the recipe section).... and then you can have them to make sandwiches.. makes things a lot easier.

Flax muffins are a good staple to have cooked up and in the fridge.

Wings are great

Cubed cheese

Deviled Eggs

Egg/chicken/tuna salad

Ham rollups with a sugar free pickle in the middle

sugar free jello

the possibilities are endless.. you just need to check it out.... avoid high sodium things though....

and drink drink drink water...

lavonia
Thu, Sep-13-07, 10:40
Thank you so much. Those ideas are very helpful. I have begun to do very well with my new way of eating. The cravings are gone, and I am starting to feel much better than before. I am starting to feel lighter, and am gaining a new confidence. Thank you so much. I will get the book. I am planning to adopt this way of eating for the duration.

Shami
Thu, Sep-13-07, 10:56
Any time I feel craving coming (around tom, my appetite increase)I turn to boiled eggs. If that doesn't help I make a tuna salad with eggs with mayo and this for sure take care of it. T man is right keeping your menu vary and interesting will help a lot. Thank God I have my daughter, who is on the LC and loves to cook.

OtherCher2
Thu, Sep-13-07, 11:14

Since I work 2 jobs and am only home 2-3 evenings each week, I use that time to cook and package food into 1-serving baggies that can travel with me. I keep baked chicken breasts, steaks, and pork chops (sliced into bite size pieces), along with boiled eggs, cubed cheese, devilled eggs, tuna/salmon biscuits, celery sticks...just to name a few. I have found that I have to prepare in advance or I end up eating something illegal.

lavonia
Fri, Sep-14-07, 13:11
Thank you! This so encouraging. I feel better. I love Tuna salad with eggs.

TimesTwo
Fri, Sep-14-07, 13:36
Make sure you're only eating foods from the "allowed foods on induction" list in DANDR. As Dr. A writes, if it's not on that list, don't eat it. That includes the bars, candies, and shakes that claim they're okay for induction--they're not! If you stick with induction foods, your cravings should be gone soon. :)

Sorry if someone's already mentioned these ideas. This forum has a great recipe section. At the top of each recipe section there's a sticky that lists the recipes that are suitable for induction. I also love Linda's LC recipes (http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html). The recipes marked with an asterisk * are suitable for induction.

Thank God I have my daughter, who is on the LC and loves to cook. :lol: I'm her daughter, and I actually have an open cookbook on my lap as I type this. I'm baking LC pecan sandies. :lol: