PDA

View Full Version : Frap Help!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bengalchik
Thu, Sep-06-07, 10:33
I love to order a sugar free caramel frap with whipped cream and carmel drizzle,but i can not find out the carb count!! any help?11 (grande) :help:

erinleigh
Thu, Sep-06-07, 10:52
It might be up there cause of the Carmel Drizzle but with the Sugar free syrup you should be fine.

lexy-lou
Thu, Sep-06-07, 15:39
Here is the Starbucks nutrition information page: http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_info.asp

Kisal
Thu, Sep-06-07, 15:50
Welcome, Bengalchik! It's nice to have you here with us! :)

WH1968
Fri, Sep-07-07, 06:32
Welcome...

It's not fine though let me tell you... I was doing the star bucks with the sugar free syrups thinking it was safe.. but lotsa lotsa carbs..... make sure you check out their website and get the info... I avoid starbucks now because of it.

T-man

lexy-lou
Fri, Sep-07-07, 07:08
Welcome...

It's not fine though let me tell you... I was doing the star bucks with the sugar free syrups thinking it was safe.. but lotsa lotsa carbs..... make sure you check out their website and get the info... I avoid starbucks now because of it.
T-man

Me, too, T-man. Once I read the stats on that page, I decided to give up my latte addiction really quick ... Weird, I used to think that I went to Starbucks to feed a caffeine addiction; now I realize it was the carbs ...

faduckeggs
Fri, Sep-07-07, 08:32
If you do want starbucks, get either the coffee, espresso or americano (hot or iced). Have them add a SF syrup if you want. (I always watch them pump the syrup in to make sure they really use the SF one.) Then add your own cream.

Anything latte or cappucino or frappacino, even with SF syrup, is made with milk, which has lots of carbs.

CheezHippy
Fri, Sep-07-07, 14:14
When I worked at a coffee shop, our frappes also contained a cream base with tons of sugar in it. It's what gave the frappes a creamy texture. Not sure if Starbucks does, though. Even if the customer wanted sugar free syrup in the frappe, they were still getting massive amounts of sugar from the cream base. If they do use one, you might try asking them to substitute a little heavy cream and Splenda for the cream base.

WyoDiva
Fri, Sep-07-07, 14:21
57 carbs in that there drink... :o

I mostly make my own coffee drinks at home these days (I have an espresso machine and Big Train makes an awesome SF/LC Vanilla latte mix).

But when I'm at a Starbucks or other espresso shop, I order everything breve-style (made with half-n-half) and sugar-free syrup..still not carb-free, but better than the 'real' stuff. Also, by ordering my drink iced and with another shot of espresso or two (yes, I'm an addict!), I get less half-n-half that way. I watch the barristas closely as they make my drink, so they don't get it wrong!

Maybe you should have a new fave drink, like a sf iced carmel breve?? Similar, but lower carb...?

Oh, and skip the whipped cream!!!

CheezHippy
Fri, Sep-07-07, 14:33
An iced breve with sugar-free syrup IS an awesome treat. I was low-carbing when I worked there, and I treated myself to those now and then. yum!

WyoDiva
Fri, Sep-07-07, 15:34
An iced breve with sugar-free syrup IS an awesome treat. Still my favorite LC treat to this day! ;)

bengalchik
Sun, Sep-09-07, 15:03
Thank you all!! I was really screwing up thinking sugar free was lo carb for sure!!