PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the block

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hann
Sat, Sep-01-07, 21:23
Hi Everyone. This is my first message on this board. Been lo carbing (on and off) for around fifteen years. I've been following Atkins for around three years, except for what I refer to as those lost pasta weekends. I feel the most energetic when I don't consume sugar, bread, potatos, etc. I have pretty much maintained my goal weight (within ten pounds0, but I'm up nine pounders, and am going to embark on Atkins induction on Monday.

I very much look forward to getting any support and advice from y'all, and look forward to assisting in any way I can.

Heidi

JAnn
Sat, Sep-01-07, 21:55
Welcome, http://www.rioverdesaddlery.com/smilies_image452.gif This is a great forum with wonderful people here.

justleah
Sat, Sep-01-07, 22:45
Welcome from me too... I look forward to hearing more from you. We give and recieve all kinds of support here. Check in often.
Leah

hann
Sun, Sep-02-07, 23:31
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Kisal
Mon, Sep-03-07, 14:43
Welcome aboard, Hann! It's nice to have you here with us! :wave:

Doggygirl2
Mon, Sep-03-07, 15:00
Hi Heidi!! Congratulations on maintaining your weight within 10 pounds of goal. that is AWESOME! Good for you tackling the 9 pounds now. Wish I had done that instead of letting it get back up to 50. Oh well - live and learn. I'm an Atkins girl too (but also love the Protein Power books) so I hope we can encourage each other!

Dg

hann
Tue, Sep-04-07, 19:31
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! Have been off track recently. I feel pretty lousy right now, because I did not get back on track on Monday, as I promised to myself. I guess I've been extending the holiday weekend, not that this should be an excuse. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back on the program tomorrow. I weighed myself today, and I'm at the highest I've been since maintaining my goal weight. Up 12 pounds. What scares me the most is typically this type of realization is a big kick in the butt> Five pounds up would get me focused in the past, and back on track. For some reason, I still don't feel as motivated as I should. I know the number is not that big of a deal, but I'm starting to feel out of control, and I think this is what scares me the most. I have a history of yoyo dieting, and finally got this under control about 15 years ago. I am so fearful of going down that road again.

Thanks again! I greatly appreciate all the support!

Heidi

JAnn
Wed, Sep-05-07, 07:05
Why don't you look at a challenge. the 7 day CHOHW might help you get started. A new one starts tomorrow! I'll look for you there!:)

hann
Thu, Sep-06-07, 21:20
Thanks JAnn. I'm sorry, but I don't know what "CHOHW" means. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

JAnn]Why don't you look at a challenge. the 7 day CHOHW might help you get started. A new one starts tomorrow! I'll look for you there!:)

perfectfit
Fri, Sep-07-07, 05:56
Hi Everyone. This is my first message on this board. Been lo carbing (on and off) for around fifteen years. I've been following Atkins for around three years, except for what I refer to as those lost pasta weekends. I feel the most energetic when I don't consume sugar, bread, potatos, etc. I have pretty much maintained my goal weight (within ten pounds0, but I'm up nine pounders, and am going to embark on Atkins induction on Monday.

I very much look forward to getting any support and advice from y'all, and look forward to assisting in any way I can.

Heidi

I noticed that in your profile you are 5'7" tall. 100 pounds is much *too thin* for someone of your height. 109 pounds probably is too.
I think you should skip Induction and just stick to Atkins maintenance levels.

WH1968
Fri, Sep-07-07, 06:05
Heidi... Welcome.. how are you doing?

T_man

justleah
Fri, Sep-07-07, 09:21
CHOHW= Come hell or high water
Leah

hann
Sun, Sep-09-07, 19:56
Perfectfit, I know my numbers are really, really low, but I am extremely small boned, with very little muscle mass. When I maintain my goal weight, I feel at my best physically and mentally. As I stated in a previous post, I know the actual weight gain is not a big deal, it's the feeling of being out control and 9 pounds turns to 15, which turns to 20 and so on. Weight is so personal.

I am aware that it must sound really strange to hear me kvetch after reading my profile.

]I noticed that in your profile you are 5'7" tall. 100 pounds is much *too thin* for someone of your height. 109 pounds probably is too.
I think you should skip Induction and just stick to Atkins maintenance levels.[