PDA

View Full Version : Low Carbin to get to the Academy...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

propigskin
Fri, Aug-31-07, 16:07
Hey guys.

Let me introduce myself- I'm a 23 year old white male from Southern California. I have been in the hiring process for a few local police departments and relized that I need to lose weight to get into shape.

I have always been an overweight kid and I have been up to about 265 at my peak. My usual weight was around 245-250. I started working out and trying to eat a bit better early in 2007 but started my strict low carb diet on 8-14-07. I am not a big veggie eater but have loved meat so I knew that low carb is the only way for me to go.

I have been exercising (not enough, lol) but for the first two weeks I was at about 20-30 carbs a day intake. At the start I was 243 and at the two week mark I am 230. Some DI's at the academy recommended that I get down to 200-210. I plan to get down to 210 since I will also be losing at the academy.

For the most part, the weight has come off quick but every few days I will gain a pound (no cheating), must be water? But I don't get discouraged and keep being strict. I've got about 20 lbs to go and would like to be ready for the November academy.

Well, thanks for listening!

-propigskin

Tish437
Fri, Aug-31-07, 16:39
Thumbs up on your plans. Atkins should work very well for you, and since you're a man you'll lose faster. It's not unusual to gain a pound every now and then, so as long as you're still losing, don't worry about it.

I'm in Redlands, where are you? How are you enjoying the heat wave? It was 107 when I went home at lunchtime and turned on The Weather Channel.

Kisal
Fri, Aug-31-07, 17:19
Welcome! Nice to have you with us! I wish you the best of luck at attaining your goal! :thup:

WH1968
Sat, Sep-01-07, 08:45
Howdy... welcome.. These forums will help give you the insight and support you need to lose that weight...

Come back read and post often.

T-man