PDA

View Full Version : Labels Lie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Daschnook
Wed, Feb-20-02, 02:48
Hi

This is my second week of Induction and to break up the monotony I varied what I ate. My advice is dont vary induction as it can bring you out of ketosis.

I had a smoked mackerel for lunch - ketosis ok

bacon, sausage and mushroom for lunch - ketosis ok

Myoplex bar which reads 3g of carbs

Mussels

Sugar free jello plus two strawberries and about 10 blueberries and single cream.

One small portion of peanut butter and celery (3g peanut butter)

I am now out of Ketosis....HELP!!!!!

Today - I am strictly on Induction - no variation.

Labels must not tell the whole truth because according to my calculations, I was under 20g of carbs.

Daschnook

Ella
Wed, Feb-20-02, 03:22
Hi,

Your daily menu is very similar to mine, with the only difference (and I think you know it yourself but just don't want to admit it). Myoplex! Some people are fine having those bars, but I have to warn you they do have hidden carbs. Try not to have it for a couple of days and see the difference.

It's good that you spotted the problem quickly, so there won't be much damage here. I had been having my LC chocolate bars for too long, so my weight had stalled.

Another thing try to have your daily 20g carbs through green veggies (they seem to have the least carbs) and green salads.

Good luck!

davinababe
Wed, Feb-20-02, 03:24
oh no
i hope it's not the myoplex bars cos i love them and find them very satisfying!-------anyone got any ideas!

Ella
Wed, Feb-20-02, 03:42
Hi, davinababe,

If you keep loosing those inches and have a Myoplex a day, then you are one of those lucky ones!

From my personal experience, I'm very easy to get hooked on something sweet (let it be artificially sweet or naturally sweet) I get my cravings back and it makes harder to follow my regimen.

I had an apple yesterday (first one in many many months) and it ended up in a 3-hour after-work binge on everything remotely sweet - half-way through my malitol SF chocolate spread :o ok, TOM is in the air, reasonable enough :D.

Daschnook, the Induction phase is there to help you to break those old cravings by cutting carbs and anything sweet. Your body should learn to use fat and protein for energy instead of carbs. I would suggest to wait with SF jelly, as well as berries till your 2 weeks Induction ends. You can have them then and hopefully it won't affect your ketosis.

Good luck! You are doing really well!
:wave:

Daschnook
Wed, Feb-20-02, 12:21
Hiya

The Myoplex Bar I had said it was only 3g of carbs for the whole thing and yet today (as at 6pm) I am still out of ketosis. I am so angry about this. Grrr....

I will not be deviating from the absolute Induction rules and will get back into Ketosis as soon as I can. My only slip up was the Myoplex bar and the only reason I ate it was because I had not eaten my 20g of veggies so I thought I should supplement with something quick and easy - NEVER AGAIN!

I am also cutting out the jello and the berries until later but missing fruit is quite tricky.

I did however buy a blender and some Whey Protein and had that for dinner tonight and I quite enjoyed it.

Daschnook (angry over Myoplex!)

fiona
Wed, Feb-20-02, 15:44
We all make mistakes. Nothing wrong with that. In fact they can be great if we learn from them and (as you have done) change course, get back on track, renew our commitment with more vigor. It serves to increase motivation.

Take care.

Daschnook
Thu, Feb-21-02, 04:42
Hi Fiona

I have just one thing to say:

Low Carb Myoplex Bars .... GGGRrrrrrrrrrr***

Back on track now and back in Ketosis (*ya*)

Daschnook

Ella
Thu, Feb-21-02, 05:01
Well done!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You know, I used to find it hard to find a quick and easy snack myself. Somewhere on this forum I found this recipe for cheese crisps: nuke a slice of any cheese of your taste in a microwave for a couple of minutes, wait till it cools down and break into pieces. So crispy and kills off that urge for nibbling. Last time I used Edam - yum yum

Daschnook
Fri, Feb-22-02, 03:13
Hi

This sounds excellent! I will definitely give it a go!

Thanks

Daschnook

davinababe
Fri, Feb-22-02, 11:23
i did this last night and it really stopped all cravings----great idea.