PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SugarSugar
Wed, Aug-29-07, 12:45
Hello, I have actually been on this site lurking around for a while now, this is my first post. I just wanted to congratulate everyone on all their successes!!! It is awesome to see so many people making such a difference in their lives!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello! :wave:

SwetEatr
Wed, Aug-29-07, 13:18
:wave: Hi...from another ALC newbie. :)

Kisal
Wed, Aug-29-07, 14:00
Hello, SugarSugar! Welcome! It's nice to have you here with us! :wave:

MyChange
Wed, Aug-29-07, 14:09
Hello Sugar :) Welcome to you rnew LC support system!

Trisha5813
Wed, Aug-29-07, 14:25
Hey Sugar! Glad you could join us on our LC journey...you're going to love it here!
Trisha

Charran
Wed, Aug-29-07, 21:20
Welcome to the forum Sugar! I hope you have a wonderful weight loss journey! Looking forward to hearing of your successes!

martinez57
Thu, Aug-30-07, 00:10
welcome sugar sugar

NWLoser
Thu, Aug-30-07, 00:50
Hi. I have lurked for a long time but finally joined. I have posted on another lc board for years. I love this place!

WH1968
Thu, Aug-30-07, 05:58
Howdy sugar sugar... WElcome.. glad you are here..

T-man

SugarSugar
Tue, Sep-18-07, 19:00
This is the only way I could find to post this question.
Where do I find to post something new?
I have been searching on this site and just can't find it.
Someone help!! :)

sjtmiller
Tue, Sep-18-07, 20:13
You can start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

What exactly is your "own way of lc'ing"?

SugarSugar
Tue, Sep-18-07, 20:19
well,......
I think it is closest to the Atkins diet. I have been doing this for a month now (did it 2 years ago before my wedding the same way and lost 27 lbs, then gained it back in 9 months) I just almost stay on the induction part of it. Probably because I don't completely understand if you are adding in carbs, how is it that I will still lose and not gain..... still learning I guess.

Kisal
Tue, Sep-18-07, 23:38
I just almost stay on the induction part of it. Probably because I don't completely understand if you are adding in carbs, how is it that I will still lose and not gain..... still learning I guess.Since you've been reading on the site for awhile, I'm sure you have seen that new members are urged to read and follow the books that goes with their chosen plans. If you feel your way of eating lc is closest to Atkins, then I suggest that you visit your local library and check out one or more of his books. Many people feel that his earliest book, the 1972 edition, is the 'purest' form of his plan, but the later books have valuable information, too. In the 2002 edition, for instance, Dr. A. provides explicit instructions about how to add carbs back to your diet in a way that allows you to continue to lose weight.

Best of luck to you! :wave:

SugarSugar
Wed, Sep-19-07, 06:13
Thanks! I'll do that!