PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Louisiana Lurker

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Legal Diva
Tue, Aug-28-07, 10:53
After lurking for awhile, I decided to jump in and say hello. I have been low-carbing for several years and have lost weight, but this summer I have struggled to stay focused. It has been hotter than a June bug in heat down here and everyone is staying inside under the air conditioning and vegging out in front of the t.v. In addition, West Nile poses a threat if we go outside and participate in outdoor activities lest we get bitten by a big fat skeeter! Arghhh!!!! Every social event I have attended all summer has been centered around food. We Southern Belles love to eat! Thankfully, this Belle hasn't gained any weight back, but if things go on like they have been, I will indeed. So now I have decided to get serious again about my plan and boy do I need encouragement! That is why I have joined you. As I have lurked these past few weeks, you have inspired and encouraged me to get back in the groove! I look forward to sharing the rest of my journey with you!

P :wave:

Cindyloo
Tue, Aug-28-07, 12:14
Welcome...look at your stats already....you've been doing something right.
I hate those big skeeters too. We have West NIles here also..

Good luck on you journey.

Charran
Tue, Aug-28-07, 13:54
Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you stopped lurking and decided to post. There is alot of support here! Good luck on your journey and congrats on the losses so far!

Kisal
Tue, Aug-28-07, 17:56
Hi, and welcome! It's nice to meet you! :wave:

IrishShrty
Tue, Aug-28-07, 17:58
Your Doin great! Don't back step...keep going ahead:)

tdhdee
Tue, Aug-28-07, 19:16
My hubby was down in your state during some of the cleanup efforts. He drove dump truck down there on a few of the levees. He jokingly said that the Louisiana state bird is the mosquito 'cause they're so BIG! :lol:

Of course, he also didn't like sharing his sleeping quarters with a gator either. Needless to say, he was glad to be home.

Good luck on your journey. You are doing wonderful so far! As for the southern foods, he misses it. He said there's nothing like it in LA.

WH1968
Wed, Aug-29-07, 06:17
Awesome.. glad you are here....

Start a journal .. jump into an exercise challenge... these two things will help keep you motivated...... Sometimes it's not as easy to do what I expect.. but easer to do what other's will inspect... and I know if I don't post people will ask what's going on....

T-man