PDA

View Full Version : I will change my life

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tntintampa
Tue, Aug-21-07, 09:32
Hi all my name is Terry. I have been on atkins before and had pretty good sucess(48 lbs) then the holidays came and we (hubby and I ) blew it. I have been so mad at my self and its taken almost 2 years to get myself motivated again but I will do this this time. I want to be around for my son. I want to have fun and not feel like crap all the time. I wont be weak this time. Im glad I can come someplace to vent. I have read some of the posts here and everyone seems to be very helpful and sweet. Thanks in advance for all your help
;)

Beauocchi
Tue, Aug-21-07, 12:56
Welcome Terry. This seems to be the day for joining up! I, too, decided it's time to do something about all this excess baggage. I realize I'll never be 110 again, too old now, but I sure need to be smaller and would also like to kick all the diabetic and high blood pressure meds out of my life. I am so thankful I found this website and all the helpful, sharing members. Best of luck to you on your quest! If this site is any indication, we can all shrink!!!

Loralie68
Tue, Aug-21-07, 13:07
Terry,

Welcome to the boards. Everyone here is very supportive. Keep up a positive attitude with Atkins and you will succeed. I am also on Atkins. I've been on it a little over a week and have already lost 9lbs. Atkins really works. I know you will do well on it too. :)

ValerieL
Tue, Aug-21-07, 13:14
Terry, welcome.

You can succeed and lose weight. Come over to the TDC, the Triple Digit Club, for members who have, or have had, more than 100 lbs to lose. There are a number of us who have lose that much, and more, and have kept it off. It seems like an impossibility sometimes when we start, but it's not.

Keep at it, don't give up. You CAN do it.

justkatel
Tue, Aug-21-07, 13:37
Welcome!!! You can do this! Believe me - restarting is possible and you can get the motivation to stick to it! Start a journal - it helps!

Kate

Kisal
Tue, Aug-21-07, 14:50
Welcome, Terry! It's nice to have you here with us! :)

I recommend that you start a journal here. It's a good way to get to know other members, and it helps to keep you accountable.

Also, learn to use the My P.L.A.N. feature. It will help you keep close track of the foods you eat each day, and the number of carb grams you ingest each day.

Best of luck to you! :wave:

nole1984
Tue, Aug-21-07, 20:09
Welcome from a fellow Floridian! as many said before me, start a journal and we'll drop by to support ya !

txjewel
Tue, Aug-21-07, 21:13
Welcome Terry! I recently started Atkins again after falling off the wagon 4 years ago. I am totally determined to loose this weight and keep it off. You will find alot of support here with your wonderful new friends. This site has motivated me and has been very informative. I have spent HOURS reading this site and will continue to do so.