PDA

View Full Version : I am a re-tread

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cynthia56
Mon, Aug-20-07, 07:47
Hi, I am starting Atkins again, having done it 15 years ago, After re-gaining 25 lbs. I joined WWatchers, got to goal, went on staff, retired moved and gained back 20 of the 50 lbs. I lost on WW. (I never got to goal with Atkins)
I decided to do Atkins again because it is so easy and my husband agreed to do it with me. He refused to do WW and I thought it was too much charting etc. So, today is day 12 and I have lost 7 lbs., my Husb. 12 and we are sailing along. My question is about net carbs, how to count them and what are they really? I was bummed to find out bacon has some carbs, and that pepperoni is not allowed due to the nitrates. Also, my strips have not gone beynd trace, but I am losing very well. Answers?? thanks, cynthia

csj
Mon, Aug-20-07, 11:04
Good luck with you new venture. Don't worry about the strips -- many folks don't use them at all. I've read quite a bit about them on the forum and seems like many people never go dark purple but still loose weight. Net carbs are what is left after you subract fiber. This is an approximation, of course.