PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Laurie H
Tue, Feb-19-02, 11:40
Hello From Ohio!

gwilson38
Tue, Feb-19-02, 11:42
welcome here! Why dont U tell us a little about yourself.

slim2none
Tue, Feb-19-02, 11:51
:wave: Hello Laurie, I am also a newbie and love this site. Everyone I have talked to has been so supportive that it's been so much easier to do this. I hope you do great. When I feel hungry for carbs I just come on to this site and read and come away feeling better every time. LET'S DO IT! :D

Laurie H
Tue, Feb-19-02, 12:20
I'm on my sixth week of Atkins and I've hit a plateau, I've been drinking water and crystal light and eating sugar free jello to satisfy my sugar fix, now I'm learning that I shouldn't be using either one? whats up ?

gwilson38
Tue, Feb-19-02, 15:11
hey Laurie, whats up is that even tho somethings may have no carbs or at least very low carbs, if U are eating a lot of artificial sweetners then they can cause a weight stall. Try cutting back on them for a couple weeks to see if U notice a difference.

nOcaRbgurL
Tue, Feb-19-02, 15:26
Hi Laurie, where are you from in Ohio??? I live here in Columbus and i've been on this diet for 12 days now, and it feels like forever!! Just kidding, i've already ajusted my lifestyle accordingly and I feel good. Good luck to you and see you around the forums!

Laurie H
Tue, Feb-19-02, 15:41
Hi nOcArbgurL
I'm from Cincinnati !! Nice to meet you!! I've been on the no-carb deal for almost six weeks, I love it and I feel so much better. Some days I still struggle but for the most part I've adjusted!
I still crave sugar and I haven't really found a no/low carb fix
for that yet!! any suggestions?
Hope to see you around.
Laurie

nOcaRbgurL
Tue, Feb-19-02, 20:51
Hi Laurie,
I'm sorry to say that I havn't found the LC "fix" equilivent to sugars or high carb snacks. It's been 12 days and if i feel like i need to eat something sweet, i grab the sugarless jello, sometimes with whipped cream. I've recently found some sugarless gum that i chew sometimes while at work, it sure beats the candy always floating around my job. Like you've said, i've struggled a little bit myself, but in the end, i know that weight loss will taste so much better than anything in this world. Good luck to you and keep me posted!