PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bigblueyes
Sat, Aug-18-07, 19:50
This is my first post although I've been a member since June when I started the Atkins diet. My problem might be a little different from the rest of ya'lls so if anybody has a similar issue i would love to here from you. I'm a recovering bulemic. I had been bulemic since jr. high and had weighed no more than 110lbs since then. I decided to quit "killing" myself back in November of last year. And just as I thought...once i started keeping down my food...I started gaining weight. I started on Atkins in June to lose the weight I had gained and hopefully build my metabolism up to normal. It has certainly been a struggle for me but have found that this WOE is the only way I'm not going to gain anymore weight. I've lost 7 pounds since starting 10 weeks ago....it's coming off slowly!!! But as I figured...I had totally ruined my metabolism with my disease. Does anybody know how long it takes to bring my metabolism back to normal? btw...i just love this forum!!!

Kisal
Sun, Aug-19-07, 02:08
Welcome! Nice to have you here! I don't know the answer to your question about metabolism, but I struggle with it, too. I wish you the best of success! :wave:

b.b.fat
Wed, Aug-22-07, 22:23
It's good to hear that you overcame your bulemia. It seems to me that figuring out your metabolism rate is a tricky thing. I hope someone out there with more medical expertise reads this post because I would llike to know as well.

Good luck to you...