PDA

View Full Version : Over 100

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tanaka39
Tue, Feb-19-02, 09:52
:confused: I need ot lose over a hundred pounds and it seems like it will take a life time to get it off. I weigh a whooping 336lbs and i'm only 5'4 inches tall..now you do the math. I would love to get down to 170 and I know it is just going to take time and hard work. I feel like it I can just get the ball rolling again :spin: I will be alright; year before last I lost 62lbs only to find myself putting all of it back on plus about 10. If only I can get motivated like I was then ..I would be a sexy hot thang.But since I know it's going to have to be a life long thing I think I'll do alot better.............I'll take any tips you all have to offer. :idea:

ldypgmr
Tue, Feb-19-02, 12:07
Welcome to the board.

:wave:

This is a great group of people.

This is my 4th week LCing, and I can tell you I am far from an expert in LCing. However I am an expert in losing weight <g>

I started out at 325 pounds on Dec 10th. I am not at 274 the last two weeks have been slow weight loss since I put myself into starvation mode. I am just coming out of that.

If I had advice to give you, it would be to make this you number one priority above all else. Center you life around losing weight. Pesonally, if it doesn't help me loose weight, then why am I doing it. So sitting and watching TV is out. I sit at work programming computers all day long, in the evening, I limit the time I am sitting.

This has not been a problem on LC because my engery level is thru the roof. My friends are now calling me Tiggar instead of Pooh bear.

You can do it, I will be here to support you all I can.

:cheer:

Dee

bsayne
Tue, Feb-19-02, 16:03
Check out the 100 + pounds to lose thread as it is active, fun and full of people who are or have been in the same boat...

I am 5'3"...well, just under so my highest was higher than even stated on my stats...I just plain stopped weighing past a certain point and didn't want to know.

Looking at this as a WOL choice keeps me sane...I make the choice every meal...every bite I choose to put in my mouth better make me feel good, or it isn't going in!

Especially in the beginning of your program...this may sound rude but, I don't care if you baked it for me, I don't care if it's so and so's birthday....If it's not on my plan...I'm not eating it! No disrespect meant, but it has to start somewhere and there will always be special occasions and people who are trying to knock you off your plan. So be prepared! Bring your food, keep back ups in the car, bring your water, everywhere, Tell them or don't tell them it's up to you. It shouldn't be personal to them...it is personal to you!

Tell yourself whatever you need to hear...YOU DESERVE IT! BECAUSE YOU DO!

No one can do this for you, that said there are lots of good people on this forum that will be happy to share you wins and losses.

Start a journal, if you haven't already! It is a valuable tool. Record your food, include qtys and water, exercise too!

You can do this, put your mind, heart and soul into it!

Bsayne

tanaka39
Tue, Feb-19-02, 16:29
:) :) Thank both of you so much, because I really don't have a support at home or away, you all are my only positive support. I really like the way it was said about no matter the occasion, the situation, the parties ect. say no. I really needed to hear that because I am going to bake my fiance a birthday cake for Feb 26 and then my birthday is March 1 so no cake and ice cream for me.I told my grandma that we would share cake and ice cream together for our birthday. But I think i will be taking her a small personalized cake and a pint of ice cream for her on her birthday and sing her a song and watch her dig in :thup: . I know she'll understand because she has even been commenting on my wait gain so she'll be happy to here I have a new way of life when it comes to food.

Thanks, Tanaka :D

Dizz
Wed, Mar-06-02, 04:57
:D Tanaka 39, it sounds like you are really ready to lose the weight! Good for you. Stick with your goal of losing weight regardless of the folks around you and what they are doing. This has become a number one priority for me. I am finding as folks see the weight coming off, they find fewer things to say that are negative and are no longer trying to "tempt" me to stray. So go for it with gusto and enjoy yourself. You can do this. :thup:

OKwoer
Wed, Mar-06-02, 16:14
Tanaka,
I know exactly how you feel. I think you offer yourself a good tip in your original post...that being..."get the ball rolling." I have over 200 lbs to lose. As I type that I feel the incredible burden that this represents. But I once lost 150 lbs and I have to tell you...once it became a habit, it was such an enjoyable ride.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Try not to focus on the whole elephant, but just what you need to do today or maybe this week to make progress.

Another thing to do is set smaller goals that you can reach along the way. When I lost the 150 lbs, a big motivator was buying the next smaller waist size of trousers. Man...there were a couple pairs that didn't last me a month.

Enjoy the journey...it's just as important as any where you might end up.

God Bless,

cogin
Sat, Mar-09-02, 21:44
Positive support is so important to us all, and ther is plenty of that here!! Only you have the final say in what goes into your mouth and therefore only you control the success or failure of this wol. Make it a way of life nd not a diet and it becomes much easier. As you loose, motivation from within is also easier as you now realize this is for you!! Be kind to yourself and stick with it, Anytime you fall off track is only a stumble and no nooe to quit. Good Luck!!

LC_Dave
Sat, Mar-09-02, 23:44
I think the old chinese proverb says it all:

A Journey of 10,000 miles starts with a single step

In my opinion, the most important part of success is wanting it. Do not give up on the dream or goal, and one day you will get there.

I got really large because I gave up on the dream. I accepted my weight and ate what I wanted - it only got me to a place I didn't like.

You can do it! :thup:

Victoria
Sun, Mar-10-02, 09:23
Tanaka,
I know how hard it is to look at the whole amount of weight to lose. I've been at your weight and I will tell you...just think about losing 10 lbs. at a time. You will feel so much better even 20 lbs. down. I noticed my feet stopped hurting after I had lost only 20 lbs. or so. I've already lost quite a bit and still have over 100 lbs. to lose. But once you have some weight loss behind you, the future weight loss isn't so daunting. You come to realize that it is going to happen. It may be slow, but it is working. I look forward to future events and think about what weight I will be by then. I know my family thinks I'm obsessed with it right now. But losing weight is the most important thing for me right now. Having been so big for so long, I feel like I'm losing weight and getting my real person back. I'm able to eat low carb wherever I go, because I've learned how to do this. And I know it's the answer to my obesity. So I think the motivation comes when you realize that this WOL works and then you realize that you don't have to live that way again, you can change your life. Hope that helps. We are all cheering you on. :wave: Victoria