PDA

View Full Version : If I tinkle, then weigh, then go to bed,

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rdy2rde
Wed, Aug-15-07, 08:20
how does that work that when you wake up 8 hours or so later, tinkle, then weigh, you are 2 or more pounds lighter?? Where does it go? What is it? I feel like this is a really silly question, but I just wonder.....

Lisa

Nancy LC
Wed, Aug-15-07, 08:44
You exhale a fair amount of water and lose some through your skin too.

+35-65
Wed, Aug-15-07, 10:10
And some of us drool about two pounds of water weight...... :blush: :roll:

foxgluvs
Wed, Aug-15-07, 10:15
When you consume fewer calories than your body needs or go into keytosis, your body turns to fat for energy. Body fat is broken down through a series of complex metabolic processes. Your body uses the energy produced by these processes. The waste products from these processes are water and carbon dioxide. You excrete water primarily through urine and sweat, and carbon dioxide by exhaling.

rdy2rde
Wed, Aug-15-07, 14:56
Thanks for the info!! I know that was a weird question. Sorry.

LucyLucy
Wed, Aug-15-07, 15:49
If weight is lost through sweating, is that why I''m so hot all the time lately? I drink enough water to keep me in the bathroom 24/7, but was wondering about the hot flashes...........

rdy2rde
Thu, Aug-16-07, 07:19
I wonder if you keep your bedroom hotter at night, would you lose more weight???

Nancy LC
Thu, Aug-16-07, 07:59
Not fat, water weight.