PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone I am new to LC....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Loralie68
Mon, Aug-13-07, 18:29
Hi everyone,

My name is Lori Giattino and I'm from Upstate, NY. I'm married 13 years and I have a beautiful 11 year old daughter. I've tried so many diets. None of them have worked. To my surprise two of them I gained weight on.

This is my first time trying Atkins. I'm a little nervous because it was always drilled into my head that a high fat/protein diet is unhealthy. I was counting calories and fats. It got me no where. My family supports me 100% which will help me when it comes to this change in my eating habits.

I have read many of the posts in this group. I'm happy to see so many success stories when it comes to a low carb diet. I'm hoping I will have the same success as many of you have had.

I'm thrilled to be a part of this LC family. :cheer:

shy__anne
Mon, Aug-13-07, 18:37
Welcome! This WOE is hard when you have those little voices in your head. As soon as you lose a bunch and realize it's working, those voices will shut up! :lol: You should start a journal, it's a great tool for writing feelings and thoughts and your struggles and accomplishments! Good luck.

kevsmama
Mon, Aug-13-07, 20:00
Hello and welcome. I know that you can lose the weight you want. I too thought that the Atkins diet was strange, but it really does work great! After the first week I didn't even miss anything sweet and I very rarely get cravings which is a real bonus! Read the book as it has lots of great info in it and keep reading the posts cause the people here are a great help and are very friendly too!

Kisal
Tue, Aug-14-07, 02:26
Welcome, Lori! It's nice to have you with us! :)

Congratulations on your great progress! :cheer: :cheer:

bob2112
Tue, Aug-14-07, 06:19
Welcome to the forums, Lori. Glad to see that your family is behind you -- that will be really helpful in the long run.

Jules1023
Tue, Aug-14-07, 06:53
Hi Lori - :wave:

I'm not new to LC but I am back and live in Rochester, NY! I was on the diet for a while this time last year and was doing well. I lost 21 lbs only to put it back on in the past year (doesn't take long!).

Anyway, I am going to my 25th reunion from college (OMG) the end of September and want to get rid of some poundage before that. My plan is to continue on after that too.

The LC diet is easy to follow and I felt better, lost inches and had more energy so this is my long term incentive even after the reunion!

We can do this! :yay:

Jules

P.S. I started induction yesterday too.

Loralie68
Tue, Aug-14-07, 12:10
Hello everyone,

I want to thank all of you for such a warm welcome into the group. I see so many of you have had great success and speak highly of a low carb diet. I'm looking forward to changing my life for the better and becoming a healthier person for myself and my family.

Thanks again for the great words of encouragement. :)

jcanchica
Tue, Aug-14-07, 18:56
Hi Lori ,
Welcome! You've done a really good job so far, congratulations! Keep with it, It is hard sometimes but the rewards are great.

WH1968
Wed, Aug-15-07, 07:00
Welcome.. glad you have made it to the forums... this is a great family to be a part of too....

You'll find both the insight and the support here to help you create that slimmer and healthier you....

So now that being said... let's get skinny together.

PS.. start a journal

T-man