PDA

View Full Version : heat!!! drinking water beverages

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

missymagoo
Thu, Aug-09-07, 11:20
on the heat my doctor tells me to replenish my water intake to keep from getting dehdrated. i have been using gatorade but i do not want to for the carb and sugar counts. any ideas other then water that would do the same thing as gatorade ? sue

kebaldwin
Thu, Aug-09-07, 11:48
alacer makes an electrolyte mix with no calories

http://www.alacer.com/cgi-bin/dbsearch.exe?mdb=/products.mdb,tbl=products,DB_code=108,DBCOMP=ABS,template=/products/returntitle.htm

you can buy it online at many places

mike_d
Thu, Aug-09-07, 11:55
There are many electrolyte replacement recipes here and on the net. I use some Lite Salt in SF Kool-Aid or ACV in water. Pediolite is OK but pricey.

missymagoo
Fri, Aug-10-07, 23:20
thank you for your replies. i usaually have to keep drinking something when on breaks at work. we cannot have anything on the production floor except water. i might have to add a little salt to the water. thank you again and i am going to try your replies. sue

cs_carver
Sat, Aug-11-07, 06:59
"Production" = real factory / food plant, or airconditioned something technical? It depends on just how hot your day is as to how much you would really need supplemental electrolytes all day long. I take extra potassium tablets at the start and end of the day when it's been like this past week has been in the US Southeast, but most of the time, I get by OK on straight water.

NorthPeace
Sat, Aug-11-07, 11:55
Essential Electrolytes by Nutribiotic (http://www.nutribiotic.com) offers imho a better balance of salts than Gatorade does, and contains no sugar or artificial flavour. It is a gel cap that contains vitamin C, Ca, Mg, K, Na, chromium, and a small amount of zinc.