PDA

View Full Version : Here we go!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sisty46
Wed, Aug-08-07, 11:22
Well, my doctor told me about a month ago that by September 13 I had to lose 10 pounds and 10 points off of my blood pressure. He recommended the Atkins diet, which he has followed for 35 years. I have been on it for the month, and I have lost 7 pounds so far. I haven't lost weight since I don't know when, so I'm pretty pumped. I have also been walking on the treadmill every day at the Y. I think I am really going to have to exercise to see things happen. I'd love to know any ideas you have for bringing low carb lunches to school with me, since those school lunches really de-rail weight loss! Sheri

erinleigh
Wed, Aug-08-07, 11:39
Hey Sheri!!!

Welcome!!! There are plenty of ideas for meal to bring to school!!! You could do a salad, left overs from the night before, like meat and veggie,and make a LC wrap. I like to plan my meals at night and make my lunch and brekkie in the AM and then dinner I make whatever if anything...sometimes I just get way to tired to cook at the end of a long day.

Congrats on the 7 pounds that is fantastic!!!

Have a great day!!!

Erin

Kisal
Wed, Aug-08-07, 12:19
Welcome, Sheri! Good for your Doc that he's in favor of low-carb! :thup: You should be better able to follow the plan correctly with a little guidance from him. Keep your Atkins book near at hand, and read it several times. (I find new information in my bood every time I read it.) Refer to it regularly to keep yourself on track.

Congratulations on your good start! :cheer: