PDA

View Full Version : Howdy peeps!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

roxy83uk
Tue, Aug-07-07, 03:01
Hi guys

ive been on and off atkins for abt 4 yrs now.....and i guess its lost its speedy weight loss effect it used to have on me.....

and unlike the other yrs i did it.....this time round ive trained alot attending spinning classes and exercising 2-3 times a week..........

but bit disappointed.......4 weeks of self denial and ive only appeard to have lost 5 pounds in 4 weeks

isnt that like super slow?

:help:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wviQhrF/blk-weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wviQhrF/)

Rosebud
Tue, Aug-07-07, 03:13
Super slow? You've lost a whopping 42% of the weight you want to lose - that's brilliant! :clap: The usual amount of weight lost is approximately 10% during the first two weeks, followed by 5 to 10% a month after that. So you see, you are really doing well.
The folk who lose huge amounts are those with much larger amounts to lose than you have.

I think it may help if you realise that low carbing really need to be a way of life, not just a quick weight loss diet. I hate to say this, but your post sounds to me as though you are setting yourself up for an eating disorder. Your current weight is right in the middle of the range of normal weight for your height. There is absolutely no need for you to be in "self denial." Low carbing can be a very pleasurable way to eat indeed. Why not look through our recipe forums for some great ideas for yummy, healthy meals?

Cheers.

Rosebud:rose:

WH1968
Tue, Aug-07-07, 03:43
I echo that... you don't have much weight to lose and therefore the amount that comes off will be less than someone who has more to lose... but that's incredible for you.

Keep your chin up and keep going...

T-man

Kisal
Tue, Aug-07-07, 18:42
Welcome, Roxy! It's nice to have you here! :)

I'll add my congratulations to the others here. You're doing great! :cheer: :cheer:

roxy83uk
Wed, Aug-08-07, 02:24
:agree:

thanx for all the support guys!

really helps.......makes me look at things differently and from ppl who know wot its like dieting n struggling sometimes to find low carb options in everday life.......and having to put up wit all the negative comments from ppl who believe low carbing is detrimental!

mwahhhhhh

ur all starsssssss