PDA

View Full Version : Hope I make it this time..

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gal
Wed, Aug-01-07, 01:26
Hello everyone.
I am new here and new to Atkins. I have struggled with my weight since I was 13 and am hoping this program will work for me. I haven't seemed to be very committed to any eating plan for longer than a week, unfortunately, that is besides stuffing myself repeatedly. Eesh. I know someone who has been successful with Atkins and she's her situation is similar to mine, so I have some hope. Well, wish me luck.

Kisal
Wed, Aug-01-07, 01:34
Welcome, Gal! Nice to have you with us! :wave:

bob2112
Wed, Aug-01-07, 05:47
Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you onboard with us.

Trisha5813
Wed, Aug-01-07, 06:34
Welcome Gal, nice to have you with us!
I also have struggled with weight since the day I was born...I think my mother delivered a baby calf! I have been on every diet from soup to nuts and not able to stick with any of them. Believe me when I say Atkins was my saving grace. All of the fabulous foods you can have is absolutely unbelievable. The hunger is gone. The cravings are gone. This is the easiest thing I have ever done.
Just please keep two things in mind and you will make it on Atkins. First of all, portion control is the key. I made the terrible mistake of thinking I could have unlimited things, and then couldn't figure out why the scales weren't moving. Atkins says to eat until you are satisifed. Learn to listen to your body, and it will tell you when to stop. Pay attention to that faithfully!
Secondly, eat when you're hungry, and don't eat when you're not. Just because it's meal time doesn't mean a thing. If you're not hungry, don't eat or just have a light snack. I am one of those people who used to eat because it was time to eat, hungry or not. Don't fall into that trap. It's taken me a long time to re-train myself, but so glad that I did.
Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox. Just know what we are all here to support you, and don't be afraid to ask questions even if you think they are stupid! We're all here for the same reasons. Good luck!
Trisha :wave:

WH1968
Wed, Aug-01-07, 07:12
Welcome....

Stop hoping and start doing... it'll work as much as you work it.....

This place will give you the support needed to keep on track..

Glad you are here..

T-man

Gal
Mon, Aug-06-07, 12:18
Thank you for the warm welcome and the tips! Very nice of you all.