PDA

View Full Version : Software Program

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

WH1968
Mon, Jul-30-07, 19:07
Hey folks....

I need a software program to do my calculations.... I have Big Oven but not too fond of it...

Anyone have a better program....? Which version? Why is it better????

Thanks in advance ...

T-man

Kisal
Mon, Jul-30-07, 21:44
There's always Mastercook. I've never used it myself, but many people really love it.

nolagina
Tue, Jul-31-07, 09:35
I use MasterCook and like it...

Kevinpa uses LivingCookbook, I believe.

bike2work
Tue, Jul-31-07, 11:47
I like the home edition of fitday. The free, online version of fitday is good, too.

ewinpa
Tue, Jul-31-07, 13:22
Hi T-man, I like Mastercook.(and thanks for this thread, it reminds me I have to load it to my new PC!)
I had the home edition by download of Fitday on my old PC, it was pretty good for doing recipes but I love the import assistant thing on Mastercook that lets me copy recipes I found other places and put them in the database fast.
Maybe some others want to chime in on the nutritional breakdowns, etc. I would PM KevinPA, he has a website of his own recipes and he might be a good resource. :)

I PM'd you with a link to check out :)

WH1968
Tue, Aug-07-07, 08:46
Okay.. I've ordered master cook and it should be arriving sometime soon... so will see how it works.

T-man