PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LusciousB
Mon, Jul-30-07, 08:44
Hi, I'm new to this forum...had no idea it actually existed, wow! I've been using Atkins as my lifestyle eating plan since 2005. I have cheated a bit, to be honest, but two weeks ago decided to go back on the induction phase... So far, I haven't lost a pound (however my clothes do fit slightly looser). Am I doing something wrong?

Kisal
Mon, Jul-30-07, 14:04
Welcome! It's nice to have you here! :)

If your clothes is fitting more loosely, then you're probably doing fine. Sometmes it takes a few weeks before weight loss registers on the scale.

bob2112
Mon, Jul-30-07, 14:57
Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you onboard.

RickL
Mon, Jul-30-07, 17:56
Hi, I'm new to this forum...had no idea it actually existed, wow! I've been using Atkins as my lifestyle eating plan since 2005. I have cheated a bit, to be honest, but two weeks ago decided to go back on the induction phase... So far, I haven't lost a pound (however my clothes do fit slightly looser). Am I doing something wrong?

Hi! We're both newbies here, but not to Atkins! I'm starting Induction again today, so I know what you've been going through. One thing I learned before, is to not be a slave to that scale! There is always instant gratification when the scale reads less, but that can happen and the clothes still fit the same. The real goal is to slim down, and the pounds will go along with that.

Web forums are a great place for both inspiration, and an occasional kick in the butt if we need them. I've checked out a lot of forums, and this one just seemed like the place I wanted to be. The people seem genuinely interested in helping us to succeed.

It's nice to be in a place that is setup for our success! Again, welcome, and best of luck to you!

Rick

WH1968
Mon, Jul-30-07, 18:54
Welcome....

Glad you are here..... Hmm you ask if you're doing something wrong as if we can see what you are doing ;) Give us a sample menu and what you are doing and we'd be more than happy to help you out.

Also may be good to start a journal.. that way we can come by and cheer you on and share in your success.....

Remember... God gave us itches on our backs so we'd have to ask others to scratch them...

T-man