PDA

View Full Version : The lowcarb strikes back

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kryptiea
Sun, Jul-29-07, 01:02
Just found this website about a week ago. Its the best low carb site to date for me. I did atkins the wrong way in 2005 managed to drop about 37 pounds in about 2 months. What i did wrong was no veggies hardly any fat. It took me about 18 months to put the weight back on. I got the atkins audio book last year and have been listening to it alot. Since that time I have had alot of false starts and never been able to hang with it over a month mainly due to poor mealing planning. Im a single guy with not alot of time too cook. I have been at it now for about 3 weeks with a few mistakes here and there but overall I'm doing good. The my health improves when I'm on it I sleep easier and my stomach problems go away. Veggies are still my downfall and I need alot of help there.

Kryptiea

cathy07
Sun, Jul-29-07, 01:15
Why did you want to put the weight back on????
Welcome btw, it is a great site, very helpful too!

bob2112
Sun, Jul-29-07, 04:47
Welcome to the forums. As a single guy myself I find it easiest to take a day for cooking on the weekend if you can. Sautee up some veggies and have them ready to go -- or if you like stuff in the raw spinach, broc, etc are fine just as they are.

droppin
Sun, Jul-29-07, 05:27
Welcome to the best support group you will ever find

Gypsybyrd
Sun, Jul-29-07, 10:09
Welcome aboard! Best wishes ...

shy__anne
Sun, Jul-29-07, 10:20
Welcome! I thought I didn't like veggies either. I eat a lot of salad. I wash and cut up all the stuff on a weekend and wrap it in paper towels then when I want it, it's ready to go. I also eat stuff like broccoli raw dipped in blue cheese dressing. Boiling eggs ahead of time is a good idea too. Good luck!!

Kisal
Sun, Jul-29-07, 16:11
Welcome! It's nice to have you here! :)