PDA

View Full Version : new to this forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

htwinx
Thu, Jul-26-07, 04:09
Hello! I am new to this forum. I am 5 weeks pregnant and I wanted to gain weight. I eat a lot of protein(pork, fish) and eat a little rice. But I notice one thing, I am beginning to have bad breath. Is it because of eating lots of protein? I have also candida. :help:

Kisal
Thu, Jul-26-07, 14:39
Welcome, Htwinx! It's nice to have you here! :)

The bad breath is because you are in ketosis, which is fat-burning mode. Dr. Atkins explains it in his books, but I don't think it's explained on the website. If at all possible, do try to get one of Dr. Atkins' books. They are full of information that will be valuable to you!

If you haven't already done so, you might also check out the forum for women who are pregnant/breastfeeding. I'm sure you will find a lot of information there, too. Here's a link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=95

bob2112
Fri, Jul-27-07, 03:57
Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you with us.

htwinx
Fri, Jul-27-07, 20:23
Thanks for the reply. I'm so worried of the pleghm every morning. But one thing I like is that, I don't palpitate now, unlike before when I eat a lot of carbohydrates.