PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

justkatel
Wed, Jul-25-07, 21:37
Hello everyone!

My name is Kate and I started doing Atkins in August 2003 weighing 260 pounds. I lost 50 pounds, managing to get down to 210. Sadly, I fell off the way of life (badly so) and managed to gain back those 50 pounds plus some. I now weigh (approx) 290 pounds (as i dont have a scale yet) and am starting my lifestyle over again. I feel like I am now ready and this is something I fully want to do. I had contemplated starting again through out this year, but each time i realized I wasn't ready. This time I am!

I'm 20 years old, from Canada and just looking for support. I find for me it easiest being able to talk to other people trying to loose weight and know what I am going through. Each night I look through these type of forums for inspiration. I have also been keeping a food diary, which I plan on posting!

Sorry this was long... I can't wait to start to get to know this support union!

Maggpie
Wed, Jul-25-07, 21:39
Hi Kate and welcome to the forum. :wave: This is a great place and there are some great people on here that will help you stay motivated ;)

Kisal
Wed, Jul-25-07, 22:15
Hello, Kate! It's nice to have you here with us! :wave:

lexy-lou
Wed, Jul-25-07, 22:35
You're right that a person has to be ready to commit to this WOE. But once the decision has been made success will follow. You know from past experience that this works, and there are so many wonderful people on this board ready to inspire/help! Best wishes for a wonderful weight loss journey.

droppin
Wed, Jul-25-07, 22:38
Hi Kate, you are back so that means you are readly this time, I lost some weigh tto and fell off the wagon, I am back and hoe to lose all this weight we can do it togther

justkatel
Wed, Jul-25-07, 22:46
That's exactly what I need and was hoping to find from this board - just people who understand what I am going through!

Most of the people who I surround myself with don't understand what it is like to be over weight and really want to change your lifestyle.. so I often feel like the support I need is missing.

This already seems great.

MercyD
Thu, Jul-26-07, 07:38
Hi Kate!

I started at 290 on Janurary 2006. I went off LC for a while and recently started back on myself. Welcome to forum...there is great information and support here.

I only have one rule for my weight loss...Never quit trying :wave:
Mercy

justkatel
Thu, Jul-26-07, 09:23
Thanks for the welcome!

Congrats on loosing 39 pounds yourself already! That's awesome! I can't wait till I have that much to say i've lost ;)

bob2112
Thu, Jul-26-07, 12:55
Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you onboard.

missymac80
Thu, Jul-26-07, 14:29
Hi there...im a new member to the group also. I saw that we are around the same age. I just turned 27. Im sure i'll be seeing you around here!

justkatel
Thu, Jul-26-07, 15:03
hey well welcome as well my dear! thanks for the welcome!