PDA

View Full Version : new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dakrule
Mon, Jul-23-07, 20:54
hey, im new to this. i would like to start a nice and healthy plan that would get me to loose 30 pounds by august 31rst...... please help :)

ppuffy3859
Mon, Jul-23-07, 21:07
Hi! Well, 30 pounds in a little over a month at your weight is a lot...but, depends on what you consider "healthy". I would recommend checking out the Atkins induction posts and definitely get the Atkins New Diet Revolution book. Definitely read it-it's a plan that requires precision in order to work, but it does work very effectively. That's just my opinion. There are other plans that might work quicker, but in my opinion, they don't come anywhere close to being healthy. But they're on here. Just keep reading. Best to you!

Kisal
Tue, Jul-24-07, 03:14
Welcome, Dakrule! It's nice to have you with us! :)

Ppuffy is right. Losing 30 pounds in 30 days is a lot to ask of your body. On Atkins, the average person loses about 10% of their excess weight during the initial 2 week Induction period, and then their weight loss usually slows down to 1 or 2 pounds per week. The big losses you see posted are most often experienced by very heavy people, and by individuals who follow fairly intense exercise regimines.

Best of luck to you, though! :wave:

WH1968
Tue, Jul-24-07, 08:27
Welcome...

I totally agree.. that is a bit much to lose in one month... maybe you should reconsider the "healthy" part....

T-man

dakrule
Tue, Jul-24-07, 10:54
okay thankssss you guys :) <3 it's just that i wanna loose alot of the "fat" around my stomach and my hips and from my thighs..... i just want it all gone before school starts. but i will take it into consideration to buy the book :) much love <3333

skipumc
Tue, Jul-24-07, 15:00
Welcome to LCing... it is a great way of life actually. I think if you are wanting to lose 30 pounds that fast you are kidding yourself. But, I wish you luck in your efforts. I have been LCing since the first of March. I've lost 47 pounds and am finally past the severe craving stage.