PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Copalisbch
Sat, Jul-21-07, 21:12
Hello everyone,

I had a doctors appt. two weeks ago and had a fasting blood sugar level of 115 and at a follow-up appt had a blood sugar level of 255 with a glucometer. This was enough for a wake up call. I have been on Atkins before and lost a fair amount of weight, so I thought I had better try it again (for a lifetime). My biggest fear is Diabetes. I told my doctor that I wanted to try getting my blood sugar level down by diet and to give me a month. I am starting my third week. I am in ketosis and feeling awesome. I have more energy and I know I have lost weight because my clothes are loose. I refuse to get on a scale...getting on a scale is always the kiss of death for me. I know how much I weighed before starting and I will weigh in about 6 months. My hubby is dieting by counting calories and fat. We will see the difference in our results. :D

Kisal
Sat, Jul-21-07, 22:00
Welcome, Copalisbch! It's nice to meet you and have you here with us! :)

May you have the best of luck on your journey to better health. :thup:

joesfolks
Sun, Jul-22-07, 18:18
Just wanted to welcome you and wish you success.

lexy-lou
Sun, Jul-22-07, 21:12
Yes, best wishes for a wonderful weight loss journey. I like your idea of weighing in after 6 months. The tape measure (used in moderation) is much more realistic and affirming than a scale. Right now I limit myself to getting on the scale to only twice a week, but really that's too much. I like your approach.

WH1968
Mon, Jul-23-07, 11:30
Welcome... glad you are here.... these forums will give you the support you need to create a healthier and slimmer you.

T-man

Copalisbch
Mon, Jul-23-07, 12:05
Thank you everyone for your replies and support. I am looking forward to this journey and smaller clothes...I am feeling lighter already so I got a new hair color because I am feeling saucy!

ppuffy3859
Mon, Jul-23-07, 12:08
Thank you everyone for your replies and support. I am looking forward to this journey and smaller clothes...I am feeling lighter already so I got a new hair color because I am feeling saucy!

I do the same thing-always get my hair done as a treat, b/c I am tempted to go buy new clothes, but I know I'm just passing through those sizes too. Congratulations and KUTGW! PS-I'm a type II diabetic, I feel your fear-it's very scary. But with this woe, I've been able to get off meds! Best to you.

Gypsybyrd
Mon, Jul-23-07, 12:27
Congrats and good luck! Welcome aboard!

Copalisbch
Sun, Jul-29-07, 21:21
well its going on 4 weeks now...I have been tempted to get on the scale..but have resisted...I know I have lost weight...how much..who knows...but clothes are looser...so here is to the next 4 weeks...my hubby is doing low fat and counting cals. we are having a tough time cooking for two different diets...I just tell him to cook whatever and I will eat the meat and a salad...all I know is I want BACON!!!! lol

bob2112
Mon, Jul-30-07, 06:09
Grats on those four weeks, and a belated welcome to the forums. Keep up the good work!!