PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new Low-Carb eater

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

quailridge
Wed, Apr-04-01, 07:59
I have always had trouble with my weight. I felt like I had a "hidden demon" inside of me when it came to food. I didn't understand how people could eat some and then be done for that meal. It made me feel like I was in the same situation as someone that is addicted to something. That is, until I started limiting my carb intake. I never thought I could actually feel "normal" when it came to eating!!! I have tried everything in the past but this is the only thing that has really worked for me! I feel like I have finally gotten "the monkey off my back". I also find that I have much more energy and stamina. I wish it hadn't taken me so long to find this out.

r.mines
Wed, Apr-04-01, 08:50
Welcome to the forum, quailridge (what a nice name!). You'll find plenty of support here. We're a real mix, from just-starters like yourself to people who have been low-carbing for years. We're a friendly (and nosy) lot, so feel free to post!

I know exactly what you mean about the 'monkey.' One of the places I work has cookies and donuts out on the table every day, six hours a day. I never would have been able to resist eating LOTS before low-carbing. Now I just eat the jerky and nuts I bring with me and I'm never even tempted (well, OK - I'm RARELY tempted - but it's just a little tempt!).

Rachel