PDA

View Full Version : Blood Sugar Readings down in 5 days!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

suze_c
Thu, Jul-12-07, 15:19
Thanks to IF & my low carbin'- my morning blood sugar readings are down THIRTY POINTS! I am stoked about this!

My doc was happy with my a1c levels- although they were still above 6- perhaps with this IF & low carb'n, I can get that in the normal range too!I had the tests done before I started low carb'n this go around. I won't gripe about 7 pound loss in 5 days either :lol:

Daryl
Thu, Jul-12-07, 16:45
Excellent work, Suze :)

suze_c
Thu, Jul-12-07, 22:17
thanks Daryl_ I wanted to do something because I just HATE taking the meds-you're doing great yourself too! kudos to you!

wendykp
Thu, Jul-12-07, 23:09
Hey there Voldemort buddy, congrats! Have you just been doing lc for 5 days this time? If so, when you do your next a1c it will be great, because it shows the last 4 months. Low carb combined with IF has truly been amazing for me, and I now know I'll never have to be on drugs or insulin for my diabetes.

suze_c
Thu, Jul-12-07, 23:20
thanks wendy- I am looking forward to those numbers falling- plus getting cholesterol lower as well- considering I don't always eat the highest fat meats- but tonight had an angus steak burger with mushrooms and swiss cheese, and dang that was one of the best burgers I ever had! Of course fasting for 24 hrs. may have contributed to that too heheh. Yeah- I have just started getting serious about low carbing since Saturday- I was contemplating it for a long time, whether or not I wanted to do it again- it has been awhile since I have- I am not being as strict on myself as in the past- I will let myself have tastes of "forbidden" goodies- but just not going overboard on them. Tonight we played cards over at my sis-in-law's house, and I got the ones who could eat them some ice cream treats and I got some 4 carb fudgsicles- with no sugar that my future brother-in-law could have as well (he has diabetes as well.) I keep telling him that he is eating too many high carb- his answer is, but I love them so much- well I like 'em too- but I like not having to take meds and losing weight even more!

wendykp
Thu, Jul-12-07, 23:33
They will defeinitly fall! And even when I ate a higher fat version of low carb than I am now, my cholesterol improved and my triglycerides also. I also think with doing IF, the dietary mistakes I make are more forgiven, I think that food goes right in your body and gets used, so a juicy burger every now and then is no problem, you did ok!

Good job with the snacks tonight! Its hard to tell someone who doesn't want to change that they should. But maybe as your weight goes down and you start to feel better and better, he'll follow suit.

suze_c
Fri, Jul-13-07, 00:13
My low carb'n is definitely higher on the fat grams than I would like... BUT it's working to bring down the pounds... you're doing a great job wendy!And great progress too! I've lost 20 pounds since May 1st- and even wasn't eating NEAR close to good,when I was boxing up my stuff and moving! So probably had about a month off heheh...

I will be having another dr. visit later this month, and want him to write down my cholesterol readings and all of that- I know it was 200 for something- he wanted that to go down too- but I am feeling SO much better- plus he also started me on cymbalta- I decided to try it, done it last yr. too, and had problems- but am doing better this go-around. I am inspired to get this weight off- I hate taking pain meds- and I KNOW I hurt a lot less, when I am at a lower weight (severe arthritis is in lower spine and knees, other places too- but not as bad).

I totally forgot to mention my blood sugars being lower by 30 points in 5 days to my sis'n'law and family. Perhaps he will be curious as to what I am doing, if it keeps falling! I can only hope!

Nancy LC
Fri, Jul-13-07, 07:58
Of course fasting for 24 hrs. may have contributed to that too heheh.
Fasting always made food taste incredibly good to me. :)

eddiemcm
Fri, Jul-13-07, 11:08
What is IF??
Eddie

suze_c
Fri, Jul-13-07, 11:53
Eddie- it is intermittent fasting. There is a thread on it-

Nancy-yes, amazing what time without food will do as a taste enhancer ;)