PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am new here.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DeeOGeefan
Thu, Feb-14-02, 21:09
Just started low carb. and am looking for support. :wave: :wave:

Kellycolle
Thu, Feb-14-02, 21:28
Hi Dee, You have support here. I love this place. I'm single and frequent some of the dating forums too. But this is the best. Very friendly peeps. Hugs and welcome. Kelly

nOcaRbgurL
Thu, Feb-14-02, 21:37
There is alot of support here, if anything, just ask and i'm very sure someone, if not alot of people will answer you. Although you may feel as though you're the only one doing this alone, you are not. There are thousands of people here willing to help if necessary. Ask and you shall receive.

offdawagon
Fri, Feb-15-02, 08:37
Hello! I'm also a new visitor to these forums, though not new to management of carbs. I'm a full-blown carb addict, know HOW to manage it...just not doing a bang up job right now. There are some really inspiring stories here, and some super friendly people. You'll find that it is really uplifting to associate with nice people who are empathetic to where you are in your program (and your life) right now. Hope you make many new friends here! See you around the forum! :wave:

babyy8
Fri, Feb-15-02, 09:28
I`m new also, and am looking for support too. I`ve been on it for 4 days now and so far my scale only shows 1lb, was hoping it would come off a little faster, I`ve only been eating salads and Meats, I guess I just need to give it time, they say you need to drink a LOT of water. Keep in touch and let me know how it is going. Lisa :)

offdawagon
Fri, Feb-15-02, 16:19
I know this is going to sound a bit hollow to you right now, but TRY not to focus on the pounds right at the moment. Think about changes in your mood...how did you feel when you woke up this morning, compared to 4 days ago, or even yesterday...look for the changes in your WELLBEING. The weight loss is a natural effect of controlling insulin levels...it will happen and you will notice it...dramatically. The real perk to this lifestyle ( at least for me ) was that I felt like a totally new person within 3 or 4 days. For people, like me, who have difficulty assimilating carbs, avoiding these foods and enjoying them only in moderation gives your body a chance to feel what it's like "outside the fog", as I am fond of calling it. Hang in there...feel good...

nOcaRbgurL
Fri, Feb-15-02, 18:44
Lisa, I agree with offdawagon. Do not concentrate specifically on the weight loss, that will happen regardless. I don't know about you, but I feel alot better about myself for avoiding all these temptations and actually staying completely on the diet!!! I also have alot more energy than i used to. True, the weight is coming off of me, although it's only been the end of my first week, but i've realized that i can't look at the scale 24hrs a day, that would kill me and it has!! No more of that. I want to be surprized every Friday and see what happens. Hang in there and in the weeks to come, you will see that the scales will tip in your favor, Good Luck!