PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dawsmommie
Thu, Feb-14-02, 13:16
Hi, I just found this site while I was looking for information on the Atkins diet. The little that I've read so far has been great!
My name is Cheri and I just started the Atkins Plan as of yesterday hoping to shed the 25 pounds I still haven't gotten rid of from my pregancy almost 4 yrs ago. A coworker has been on the plan since October and she loves it. I tried it over a year ago but gave up early on - I am a carb addict for sure. This time though I am determined to succeed. I'm glad I found this site because I definatly need the moral support of others doing the same thing!

lesleyc
Thu, Feb-14-02, 13:26
Hi Cheri - welcome!

There's heps of info on this site and heaps of great people, so we'll give you lots of support :thup:

Start up a journal in the journal/bootcamp section so we can help you out along the way.

Look forward to "seeing" more of you

Lesley :wave:

KASSY
Thu, Feb-14-02, 13:41
Congratulations on making the committment. I have yo-yoed for years and have just decided to start doing it again. It is frustrating starting and stopping all of the time. This time I decided I am not going to look for a quick fix- I am just going to accept I am not going to have a body of a goddess overnight, and I need to just completely change my eating habits - PERIOD !!

Good luck to you !!

Kassy

alto
Thu, Feb-14-02, 14:58
Hi, Cheri. Welcome! You will find a lot of information and support here. I hope that helps you stick with it this time -- there are a lot of us who've dropped out before and came back, determined :)

Good luck on your journey!

wbahn
Thu, Feb-14-02, 16:48
Welcome aboard! :wave:

Be sure to look through the forums and read a bunch of threads and ask questions and seek support. The first few days can be rough - so don't give in.

Looking forward to trading posts with you.