PDA

View Full Version : Large amounts of water & Ketosis

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kelly1
Tue, Jul-03-07, 16:13
I have been using the ketone strips and as of yesterday they were turning a dark pink which, I am assuming, means ketosis. Today tho I drank around 169 fl. oz. and the strips read negative. So does that mean that I am no longer in ketosis or is it the large amount of water that I have been drinking?

Rkhinman
Sat, Jul-07-07, 22:13
Don't worry. All of that water is just flushing everything out, inlcuding Ketones. You'll be using a LOT of wight from all that water

Kisal
Sat, Jul-07-07, 23:38
The extra water simply diluted your urine, so the ketones weren't as concentrated as before. If the stix changed color at all, then you're still in ketosis. BTW, having the stix turn deep purple is no "better" than having them turn light pink. They only register one type of ketone, anyway. Here's a link with some info:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html