PDA

View Full Version : Mixin' it up

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gmmd
Sun, Jun-10-07, 10:44
Hi everyone - As my siggy says I've been low caring over 3 1/2 years and have maintained my current weight (give or take a few) for probably close to 3 years now. I've been toying around with this idea for a long while and on Memorial day I made the move. I've been struggling for a long long time now trying to get these last pounds off. I've been going up/going down/going up, etc. I've felt perhaps it's time to shake up my system a bit so I joined Jenny Craig (please don't throw tomatoes). My focus will be to get off a minimum of 20 pounds then return to Atkins for maintenance for the rest of my life. I'm 2 weeks into it and my first week I lost 6.5 pounds. I'll have to say I am definitely hungry - a lot. Never quite satisfied but this will probably be what it takes for me.

I feel like I am betraying Dr. A (LOL) but I will guarantee you I will be back at some point to stay. I purposely pick items without sugar like no desserts or sweet things. I told the counselor at JC exactly what my plans were - she was a nutritionist. I told her how I took off a ton of weight with Atkins, my bloodword is phenomenal and I plan on doing it the rest of my life - I just needed to shake things up a bit. She was totally cool with that. In fact, she was very curious about my diet and what I ate, how I felt, etc. I felt proud. I'd been to Jenny Craig 2 times before- the earliest being 1992. I know that it works and it is a great diet, I just couldn't keep my motivation though. This time I'm not looking at 100 pounds - just 20-30. I know this will be hard to but I need to see those numbers move. I don't plan on leaving this forum, my journal or the message boards as I know my true WOL will always be Atkins.

LoveMyGSDs
Sat, Jun-16-07, 08:42
I wish you luck. It's all about what works for you. Sometimes a change in your diet IS what you need to shake things up and get the scale moving in the right direction again.