PDA

View Full Version : New and Glad to find this forum!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lcon109
Mon, Feb-11-02, 21:44
Hi! I've just discovered this board and am so glad! I started the Carbohydrate's Addict Diet about 2 weeks ago and have really been surprised at how much I like it. I hope to meet many new friends and offer as well as get lots of support. :)

alto
Mon, Feb-11-02, 21:54
Hi, Icon -- welcome! You're doing really well and are off to a good start. Best of all, you like the program you're on. I think the stars are all aligned in your favor and you'll be a smashing success :)

Good luck on your journey -- I hope you'll post often so we can keep up with you :D

lcon109
Tue, Feb-12-02, 19:27
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm happy to report that I've lost another 1lb! I'm really happy because I hadn't lost any for a day or two and I was getting a little nervous. I've also been sick and taking medication so that might have something to do with it too. But I'm trying not to worry too much! :daze:

wbahn
Tue, Feb-12-02, 19:59
Welcome aboard! :wave:

I'm really happy because I hadn't lost any for a day or two and I was getting a little nervous.

This statement concerns me a bit - I'm afraid you're setting yourself up for some rough times in the very near future. Do not be surprised when your body doesn't lose any weight for many days or even a couple of weeks. You might even gain. This will always be frustrating, but it does NOT mean that you're gaining fat. If you are sticking to the plan you are on you will almost certainly still be losing fat and the scales aren't reflecting it for a variety of reasons from muscle growth to salt intake to water retention as the fat cells empty. Be sure to be taking your measurements regularly (like weekly) and consider those as well. Make yourself the following commitment - you will not even consider getting nervous until you go at least four weeks with neither any weight loss nor measurement loss. Then consider altering your plan in a reasonable and thoughtful way - and you can get lots of good advice both from your plan's book and from these forums.

Again, welcome aboard and best of luck to you.

nOcaRbgurL
Tue, Feb-12-02, 22:13
I agree with you wbahn. Not losing a single pound in a couple days is nothing to be concerned with. Just be on track like you've been and you'll be fine and in time, you'll reach your goal. I don't want you to set yourself up for a let down. Good luck to you and i hope you a happy healthy success. :)