PDA

View Full Version : new to this

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

denise
Sun, Feb-10-02, 22:04
Hi everyone i am new to this forum have been looking for an aussie site for Dr Atkins wol for the last month and finally found on i have been using a usa one but they have all sorts of products to help them and of course couldnt find them here in Brisbane but now hopefully with all your help i can now do so . so my questions is where do you find unsweetened cooking choc here i have tried the super markets and a couple of health food stores near me so if anyone can help it would be appreciated

Rosebud
Sun, Feb-10-02, 22:41
Hi Denise, :wave:
Another Brissie girl, yay! :Party:
Welcome to the forum!
I am deeply sorry to have to tell you that unsweetened chocolate is not (yet) available in Oz. :cry:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong! Please?
Have a look at the rest of this forum (not just the Aussie bit) and you'll find (if you haven't already) all sorts of great info.
For instance, the "Newbies Questions" forum I found (and still find) very helpful.
It's also a good idea to start a journal in the My Journal/Bootcamp section. That way you can record, if and when you feel like it, what you are eating and wise people can give you friendly help and encouragement.
All the best to you mate,

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Reymi_VZ
Mon, Feb-11-02, 15:37
HiHi!

Welcome to our little world of the board.

Chocolate -
Try a real chocolate shop that sells diabetic chocolate.
Lo Carb Chocolate -
Woolworths has "Sweet William" locarb soy chocolate. I prolly eat a bar of this over a work week. But I am pretty over the need/want for chocolate.

Dianne
Sat, Feb-16-02, 03:11
Try the confectionary warehouse on Nudgee Road at Hendra. They sell diabetic and soy chocolate. Check out their website. But ring first to make sure they have some in stock.

Coles at New Farm also have a very good health food section with lots of chocolate. I found one called HPLC (High Protein, Low Carb); not cheap but a nice treat. Coles also stocks Cadbury Lite Chocolate.

denise
Sat, Feb-16-02, 04:41
thanks for the help i will give them all a try as at tom time i dont seem to have any will power at all :( and hopefully this will help

denise

vanessa
Sun, Feb-17-02, 02:27
Hi my name is vanessa and I am new here too. I just started doing the atkins diet and tomorrow am on day 6 of induction. I am so glad to have found this board as I don't know anyone else who is doing this at the moment and have read alot of the posts and they have helped me heaps.

vanessa

denise
Sun, Feb-17-02, 03:37
vanessa its nice to meet you too i hope your first week has gone well for you i know in the first two weeks i have lost heaps but from what i have read on here we cant expect week 3 and 4 to go the same way and as it didnt take us a week to but on the weight we cant expect to lose it all at once :) so i just keep puddling along trying my best and when i slip i go back to induction and wait for my test stiks to turn purple again and go from there again :) good luck Denise

Tones
Mon, Feb-18-02, 17:20
As a result of scanning this forum I found that Darryl Lea makes carb free stuff. Our local store has chocolate bars, choc coated almonds, chewy sweets and boiled lollies. Not cheap but great if you need a fix.

sammiejam
Wed, Feb-20-02, 00:27
a great australian site which has some low carb products and heaps of advice and support can be found at:
www.pictureofhealth.com.au