PDA

View Full Version : worried about my folks.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mcavana
Sat, Feb-09-02, 23:47
the diet is working good for me. My parents decided to try it out. this worries me a little, i must admit. they are 58, and 59. they are both in decent health except they could both loose about 75 pounds. My dad has smoked all his life, and my mom has high blood pressure. Is this a safe thing for them to just jump into like I did at 25 years old? I would hate for them to try the new program , and getted screwed up. anybody have any good advice for me?

Karen
Sun, Feb-10-02, 01:37
What may make it hard for them is changing a long lifetime of habitually bad eating habits, but it could be done in stages if it seems easier. I don't see how it could be dangerous to clean up your diet at any point in your life.

I wish my mother was still alive so I could tell her about low-carbing. She died 4 years ago at 64 of a heart attack. I am the same carb-addict that she was.

Karen