PDA

View Full Version : hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CHRIS DAN
Sat, Feb-09-02, 12:25
:wave: hello friends I am a newbie, male 42 married with three
children 15,13 & 7, My problem started after I lost my father two
years ago I just seemed to drink alot more{beer and spirits} and I didn't realise just how big{cuddly} I had become until I saw the
dreaded holiday snaps I didn't even recognise myself, I was enormous.
I have seen one or two of my collegues at work losing weight
so I asked the question HOW, I then read the atkins book and I
thought GO FOR IT so here I am.
I look forward to chatting to you in the near future, I have lost
12 pounds in eight days so far, but I cannot sleep very well if
you hav eany ideas please forward them to me. :thup:

CrazyCurly
Sun, Feb-10-02, 12:41
12 pounds! Wow that is SO great! :yay: I didn't sleep well for the first week, but this last week I have been sleeping like a baby. If you are still not sleeping well, you might try exercise if you haven't already.

Jess

Marlaine
Sun, Feb-10-02, 12:58
Chris Dan......

Hi there and welcome to the forum. You have certainly found the right place for inspiration and information.

Congratulations on starting LC and on your introductory weight loss!! YES, this is an eating plan that works! In the beginning there are a lot of adjustments that our bodies have to make as we are now burning a completely different type of fuel. Personally, it took me about 6 weeks to really feel great on the plan. Is is the added energy that is keeping you up at night?

Marlaine