PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ladies!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Danielle
Sat, Feb-09-02, 10:10
Hi everyone-

I am glad to see everyone's success. I haven't gotten a chance to write in a while. I was sick and then my sister had a baby boy!
But I finally hit the 20lb. mark. Althought at times I still feel the same as before I started this WOL. My next goal is to be a size 12, it's been a while.

I begin doing sit ups and using 5lb. weights to work my arms every night, but ever since I got sick I've gotten out of the routinue. I'm just too tired at night. I hope once I am feeling 100% I'll go back to it.

Well, keep up the good work everybody, before you know it summer will be here. :D

Danielle

nOcaRbgurL
Sat, Feb-09-02, 10:43
I'm sooo happy to hear that you're at your 20lb mark!! That's good news to me because that's something to keep me going with this program for a long time. How long did it take to get to your 20lb mark?? I hear from some people that if you're not looking to lose that much weight, it might take a long time, but I'm trying to get myself out of that long time mode, and think of this as an all over change of lifestyle. I want to know how you did it. Thanks, and good luck with everything!!

Danielle
Sat, Feb-09-02, 12:23
Hi Jane-

It's been a little bit of a slow process. I started November 26th. and I have to admit I've cheated here and there. I find when I drink my water I lose quicker. I have been eating vegtables, fruit and protein. I stay a way from those vegs. that are high in carbs.

Good Luck. If I can stick to it, you can too.

Danielle

nOcaRbgurL
Sun, Feb-10-02, 12:12
hey danielle
Thanks for your vote of confidence, I really appreciate it. I'm just the type of person who looks for the quick fix, and I have to realize that it's not going to happen overnight. This is day 3 and I feel pretty good. I went to the mall yesterday and I was sooo proud of myself for giving in to temptation. It could have been because there were so many thin people there that motivated me to keep going. I can't stop now though, it's too hard to complete day 1 again, so i'm on the road now. I've learned that I'm not going to put a time limit on when i'm supposed to lose what because it's so distrating for me. As long as when June comes and I lose at least 20lbs, i'll be happy and that's a realistic goal for me. Good luck in everything for you and i'm cheering us both on.
:)

Danielle
Sun, Feb-10-02, 15:24
Hi Janel-

It sounds like your on the right track. This is the first diet that has worked for me. Like you, I always wanted a quick fix. I want to wake up one day and be skinny, but don't we all. Keep up the good work and keep me posted on how you're doing.

Danielle

nOcaRbgurL
Sun, Feb-10-02, 18:51
Hi danielle,
It's just about the end of day 3 and I feel really good that i've stayed on the diet. Today is the first real day that i felt full with eating tuna fish and eggs and sausage. I'll definitely keep you posted on how things are, you do the same. Good luck to you and I both and I'll talk with you soon.

LCer in NW
Tue, Feb-12-02, 18:05
Janel

This appetite suppresion is just what Atkins says is a sure sign that ketosis has begun. :exclm: :thup: YOU MADE IT :thup: :exclm: This is the first day of your success path! You are gonna lose, girl just watch. It is not a prediction, it's a guarrantee! :D

nOcaRbgurL
Wed, Feb-13-02, 13:58
hey danielle
It's day 7 actually, but I cheated, so it's now really day 5. I feel pretty good. I couldn't resist the temptation to look at the scale and it looks like i'm down 4lbs, but i'm not actually going to change my weight untill Friday, which is my real 7 day mark. Although the cravings are still here, I am in much better control of them and i'm also so so proud of myself. I'm looking forward to the weigh in and can't wait for some time to pass.

Danielle
Wed, Feb-13-02, 19:37
Hi Janel-

sounds like your having a pretty good week. I have to confess that I cheated pretty badly last night. I was having the worst craving for a chocolate bar with almonds for days. Everyday I would search the cabinets for something.. anything. Well last night I finally gave up and decided to buy one while I was in the drug store. I enjoyed it and now my craving has finally went a way. Some days are harder then others. I've been on the diet for about 11 weeks now and feel like I should be skinny already.

Well, I don't want to discourage you because I know you can do it. I just need to start drinking my water again and start exercising. Let me know your offical weightloss on Friday.

Keep up the good work! :D
Danielle

LCer in NW
Wed, Feb-13-02, 23:24
My weakness was hostess lemon pies. Well, I had one or two along the way. I asked myself if there was anything else that I would accept as a substitute (you know, a better low carb choice). I even stacked the deck and offered myself bunches of nuts or stacks of cheese, or maybe something carby but with less carbs. Well, the answer was no, and so I took it, ate it, and savored bite after bite. If you're gonna have it, and it doesn't make you sick, then enjoy the darn thing and get it over. Then add it to the carb column and continue through the day, week, etc. It's a way of life.

Why cheat if you can't win the game? It's a wasted cheat. :wave: