PDA

View Full Version : bacon soup

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gabrielle
Fri, Feb-08-02, 06:38
There were many a breakfast times where I've had this. My system has been so sensitive that this was the less problem causing meal I've had. (I have a lot of allergies and other reactions going on) Not sure why, but liquids set better with me most of the time than a large amount of solids.

If you like bacon this isn't a bad meal it's also good as a snack too.

1 can of chicken broth
a few pieces of no sugar added bacon (Gwaltney is the brand I found at Walmart to have no sugar added to the bacon)
salt and pepper to taste
can also add herbs if desired. Tyme works well

put chicken broth into a pot, add bacon and any seasonings desired.
Let broth boil till bacon seems done.

smurfette
Mon, Jul-22-02, 18:32
Hi all,

I have been soaking bacon over night in cold water in fridge. It removes sugar and salt. Works fine as these are water soluble. Regular bacon when cooked. Got this from Ray Augette author of the book Neanderthin. Thanks, Ray.

nancy30
Fri, Oct-11-02, 20:46
Mmmmm this bacon soup sounds wonderful...making me hungry!! LOL thanks so much for sharing... :spin:

karich
Fri, Dec-06-02, 21:07
I made this today for lunch. I added turnips after the bacon was done. It was
very yummy! Even my 3 year old ate it!

Thanks for sharing :)