PDA

View Full Version : Anyone around 21 LC'ing to 125-130lbs?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nOcaRbgurL
Thu, Feb-07-02, 22:14
Hello,
I've recently started my LC diet for life a few days ago and I fell off track. I'm determined to start brand new on Monday morning and trying to get to around my desired weight when my birthday comes (March 27). Anyone, especially those around my age, 21 years old, who would like to join me I would really appreciate it very much and we could give each other(s) the support that we all need!!! :cool:

stephie
Sun, Feb-17-02, 20:44
Hi Janel! :wave:
My name is Stephanie, I am 19 and am starting LCing tommorow!
My goal is anywhere from 120-125, but right now I am at 173 :mad: so i have quite a way to go.... I tried LCing about a year ago..lost 12 pounds..then switched to a new diet..because I could not handle anymore meat and lost a few pounds and gained quite a few more! So i am trying again and if u need a support buddy...i am here! :thup: Good luck!

Stephanie :roll:

taisha
Mon, Feb-18-02, 12:52
I just started the LC today and would like to hear about where you are today as far as your loss.

nOcaRbgurL
Mon, Feb-18-02, 15:16
Hi Stephie, good luck with your LCing, I know that you'll be able to do it. It's going to be kinda hard, but I'm sure that you'll get through it, i'm here also. Taisha, I started LCing 11 days ago and i've lost 8lbs. I feel pretty good about myself that I've stuck to this LC thing for this long. Yeah, it's been a little hard, but it's well worth the lost pounds. I'm trying to get as low as I can by Spring break. Believe me, if this is something that you reallly want, you'll get through it, i have.

taisha
Mon, Feb-18-02, 15:22
Thanks for the encouragement. Wow 8lbs in 11 days. That is awesome. Do you notice the change? What have you been eating?

nOcaRbgurL
Mon, Feb-18-02, 15:28
Hey Taisha,
Yeah, I've noticed the change in my clothing, my jeans have a different fit to them, it's great!! I'm getting closer to my goal weight and I cannot wait!! I've been following the LC WOE in the Dr. Atkins book, so if you really want to do something, read that book and follow it, believe me, it's changing my life right in front of my eyes.

StarOrchid
Wed, Feb-20-02, 11:19
Heya, I'm 22 yrs. old and I've been LCing for 2 weeks now. I'm trying to get down to about 120 lbs (I'm 5'4")... So we're kinda in the same boat as far as age and weight to lose. I've lost 12 lbs in the 2 weeks, but it's slowing down now of course. I just started a journal too, so check it out.
Good luck with everything :)
~Ambrea

nOcaRbgurL
Wed, Feb-20-02, 19:12
Welcome Ambrea!!
I'm glad that you're on the road of success. It's been 13 days for me now and I feel pretty good. Yeah, we are definitely in the same boat and I'm definitely here for you in your LC'in!

Fattiegirl
Thu, Mar-21-02, 14:18
Hey ya'll I guess I am about the same... I started doing this around Christmas break and feel pretty good about all the changes that happen!

I think the best thing about it is once you get used to it you really honestly don't want to go back to your old way of eating. And eating isn't (always) such a source of angst and stress!!

I am about to leave for Spring Break tommorrow and although I wnated to get to my goal beforehand.. i still have never looked or felt as good as I do now!

So good luck and wish me luck in the midst of temptation!!!

monika
Wed, Mar-27-02, 19:15
im turning 20 next week. and yup im LCing so i am with you gals! let's stay strong! i know that after a few days of hard core lcing, i feel healthier. however, i have psychological attachments to foods. but they're going away! ive made it through the past 3 days without any candy or pizza or stuff like that. (pigged out today on low carb things though =( )
i'm getting better though!
i hope things are going well for all of you. ive also decided to not get on the scale at all!
in about 2 weeks ill try on my pants =)

Shawrf2
Thu, Jun-20-02, 15:41
Hi everyone,

I'm 22, been LCing for about 6 months. It's going pretty smoothly. I've lost 52 lbs. and 29 more to go. (Hoping to get back to my old self :) ) Can't wait!! Love to go through the journey with buddies....I wish all of you the best and can't wait to get through this with all of you!! This forum has a great attitude and the support is wonderful!! Love to hear about you're progress, etc.

Stay Strong and Carbs are BAD!!! :D

Frances

luddybell
Sun, Mar-16-03, 02:59
hey im 21 im trying to get down to 140 .. i started at 210... i started 2 weeks ago i am now down to 194.5... woohoo ... but i want to be able to wear my cute "hoochie" summer clothes and the brand new string bikini i bought 2 years ago ( thinking i would be able to wear it last year HAAAAAAAAAAAA yea riiiiiiight i couldnt fit my big toe in it now!)

:daze:

nater25
Wed, Mar-19-03, 16:41
:roll: :roll: :spin: :daze: :spin: well I wish all you the best of luck in getting into the clothes you want!
I have beenon the atkins for about 6 weeks, and down 62 LBS
I love this lifestyle!

I am an actor,and I seem to get a lot of work, in the print business. I am a young fun guy, and glad to see people my own age doing this!

I cannot wait to start buying clothes!
I have always loved that but how much more fun will it be!

well wish you all luck keep up the great work, and I look forward to hearing back from you all!

Nathan :daze: :wave:

nater25
Wed, Mar-19-03, 16:42
well I wish all you the best of luck in getting into the clothes you want!
I have beenon the atkins for about 6 weeks, and down 62 LBS
I love this lifestyle!

I am an actor,and I seem to get a lot of work, in the print business. I am a young fun guy, and glad to see people my own age doing this!

I cannot wait to start buying clothes!
I have always loved that but how much more fun will it be!

well wish you all luck keep up the great work, and I look forward to hearing back from you all!

Nathan :daze: :wave:

Skamito
Wed, Mar-19-03, 22:30
Whoa, I fit right into this category. :) I am 21 years old, have been LCing for about 6 months, and can't seem to get the last ten pounds out of me. Been working out like a fit little lady though and lost some great inches.

I may be stuck at 140 for awhile yet, but my goal is at least a good 135 with less body fat, and my dream is a nice firm 130 with even LESS body fat.

I recently bought size 8's, everybody! Keep working at it (and working out really helps too) and you can tone it up. Would love to be a size 6, but keeping my dreams realistic for now. ;)

Best to you all.

Skamito
Wed, Mar-19-03, 22:32
Whoa... I didn't realize this thread was like a year old. So strange. Anyway, if any of you all are still around, it'd be fun to know how you're doing. :)

nater25
Thu, Mar-20-03, 11:33
I did not realize that it was as old myself!

just thought I wanted to meet some folks in there 20's

sounds like you have had a great run at it Skamito

tell me more about yourself

luddybell
Fri, Mar-21-03, 03:30
lol me either! what are we thinking trying to "chat on an OLD thread???

im still around... *sighs*

still HOPING to get in those cute "hoochie" summer clothes and that awesome bikini DB bought me ( hehe isnt he a doll?)

nater25
Fri, Mar-21-03, 09:25
well there is the three of us atleast
hee hee hee
I look forward to summer!

I have always been a big guy (played football) and never liked summer for the fact more clothes hide more!

but screw it ya know!

I love getting thinner!

wish they had some hoochie clothes for me hee hee

and luddy I think i need pics hee hee hee

wish i could buy a bikkini for someone lol :wave: